Thursday, February 9

Side Effects

 It is going to be a long one. That could mean this night, or it could mean my Thursday. After all, it is nearly 3am Thursday morning, and here I am, sitting at the computer and not sleeping. Not that I had much choice - about the sleeping anyways. I feel like I am slipping back to those days when I would get bouts of insomnia. I could figure out no reason why I would have them, and once they would disappear, I still could not find out how/why. Though, they have come back several times, with varying amounts of time in-between.

So, since I am awake, I figured maybe I could be more productive than just trying to watch videos, or episodes of shows, and decided I need to "catch up" on my notebooks I keep here by the computer. I mean, don't we all do that? Have notebooks by the computer to make notes in, whether it is a show we are interested in, a book, maybe a name to research later. I have actually 3 books here at my side. One is the 'quick note, and maybe move to important notebook later, or just scratch it out' one. Most pages have notes about company work (hours, project info), some book titles, some movies/television shows that look interesting, and jots of Warcraft notes (where to find certain items, how to do a certain feat, etc). The second book is my daily readings one - where I record (when I do them) my glucose and blood pressure readings. BTW, both are doing fairly well. BP average is in the -ish range of 150-75. The glucose count is usually between 140-160, though some times higher depending if I ate certain foods the day before. I'm still learning by trial and error, or reading online, about what foods are better to keep that count lower. But sometimes, dammit, I just need my sweet tea, or my Mtn Dew. 

The third book is my 'special one'. It is one of those spiral 3-subject ones and I have it broken down. The first section is my BOOKS section. Here I list book titles with author for upcoming releases I want to watch for, and if I have a release date, it is usually there as well. I use my ARC request sites to not only get these books early (when approved) but to keep abreast of  new releases (especially if it is in a series I started). This section is followed by FAVORITE AUTHORS, which is pretty much self defined. Whether they had a series or a stand alone novel, I just list the author name. I use this to help search for new releases, in case it isn't on a list somewhere. Most of the time, I also have a saved folder in Google where I store the author's website - to additionally help me check for newer releases from them. Some don't have websites (in this day and age?!? SHOCKED, I tell you!) so this list is handy.

The final section is my MOVIES and TV SHOWS one. I kind of have it split in two, in a way. The front is a list of movies that maybe the trailer looked interesting, or it is one I have been expecting at some point. I usually go through this list once a month by putting the names in Netflix to see if it is loaded into their system, even if it is not 'instant play'. If it is in their system, I save it to my queue, then mark it out of the book. Yeah, I use Netflix as a movie check when I want to watch one, as I have a couple other sites that I am able to watch newer movies and television shows on, free of charge. So the TV Show list is pretty much the same way, though I think there are only two shows on it right now. I'm not ready to start a new series, seeing how I have like seven in the works right now, and some of them have 8+ seasons to watch. Can't sit here watching the screen all day....

Welp, as you can see, I have rambled on this morning. Mostly because I have naught else I feel like really doing. And I am wide awake. The four melatonin tabs I took just aren't working to 'relax' me to easier sleeping mode. Either way, I can't think of anything else worth writing about now.

PeacE

No comments: