Thursday, February 2

The Mental Fog Rolls On ....

 Welcome to the first hour of Thursday morning in the Mountain Standard Time zone. I'm awake (still) and decided laying in bed listening to the Wife sleep was not doing me any good. So here I am in front of the computer trying to figure out what 1) to do to help make me sleepy, 2) is wrong with me. Now, now ... don't go jumping in there on the #2 with things that you could definitely say about me that would fit your way of thinking.

The leg is doing better. The tightness of skin, fever, and pain at the softest of touches has slowly been going away. It is not as 'red' as it looked a few nights ago, though, both legs have some slight discoloration that the Wife has commented is probably due to the bad circulation I have in them. The area still feels tender pain when slightly prodded, and that area has spread out a little, but not much. Overall, I would say it is fixing itself with me just not bearing weight (as much as possible) on it.

My mental state is still 'foggy'. I don't know how to describe it, even if I were to see a psychologist. I know it is not my meds as the diabetes/blood pressure/cholesterol pills have been the same dosage for several months now. I have actually been drinking less alcohol than what was 'normal' for me, so I don't think that is it. I have been doing some self-analyzing of what life experiences that I have been through in the last month or so, and the only thing I can think of is some form of mental stress. Maybe combined with some physical stress as well. I have been pushing myself to change some life habits (trying to eat healthier, smaller portions; drinking alcohol less, and more water; adjusting my diet to have less sugars; et cetera). 

That also includes things that I do outside of work. I got into Warcraft a little more, and since the boys and I are in the same guild in-game, I joined the Raid team, that performs twice a week in the evenings. That helps keep me home, and not at the bar. Though, I admit, I stress a little as I am not as "gung-ho" like so many of the team are, and my character is not as geared up, nor producing the damage levels that they are. It's a work in progress. I've been trying to catch up on more of the unwatched TV series (about nine of them currently) and other movies through the streaming services I have, just to stay home more. There is still a limit as to how much media I can watch though, even interspersing it with gaming, or reading.

Yesterday I emailed into work again, and explained that I had some health related issues I needed to address, as they were affecting my ability to perform my job duties as needed. I requested that they just remove me from this project and I would contact Recruiting when I was ready/able to return after a short break (hopefully). The Manager messaged back that if needed they could adjust my working hours to something that would fit my needs, but I said no. I did not share more as to why, but I just can't seem to stay focused when working. My mind wanders off to the twenty-million other things running through it, and I can't concentrate on the information I am going through. I think I will break for a week for now, and see if this helps get my head back on straight.

I realized later this past evening, that I felt less stressed just a little. The Wife and I had talked about my mental well-being Tuesday night, and agreed to some of the steps I mentioned above. Work issue for sure, and she knows I have been working on the other things.

The Oldest Son finally heard from the insurance company about his vehicle. It took them nearly a month to get a valuation on the damages when it was stolen. They said that there were issues in physically locating the car within the Phoenix Police that caused the delay. Sounds to me like the police didn't properly record where it had been towed to, just the same as they never contacted my Son that it had been recovered at all. Anyways, according to the list they sent the Son, some minor front bumper damage, obviously the steering column and key mechanism, a back door window broken, 4-wheel alignment needed, and interior cleaning (guessing the glass, plus the window being broken for the past  month plus). Overall, with labor, they quoted damages at just over $1,000. Yeah. The deductible is $1,000. Go figure. We messaged a bit about it, then he asked what I think he should do. Get it fixed. You need wheels, and it has been a month plus since you have had any. Use it to save up some more money, then use it as a trade-in. One of his fears is the "party" that stole it from his apartment complex, if they live there, and see it back, would they steal it again knowing how easy it was the last time? Though, I told him that works with any vehicle, his or not. Though, his being a 2017, why didn't have the chipped key, so it wouldn't start if they didn't have the key? Answers I just don't have...

Well, with no work tomorrow, I need to figure out what I am going to do. Oldest and Middle Sons have had a few bits of mail, plus some packages arrive here they have not picked up, so I may call and run that over to them. Maybe can do a brunch with them - I don't know. At some point here in the next week the front needs mowed again. There's always my books to read, Warcraft to play, and internet surfing that won't get done if I don't do it, too.

Happy Thursday. I'm off to do some gaming for a bit, and hope it helps me sleep.

PeacE

No comments: