Wednesday, February 22

Well, Blow Me Down!

 The winds today are definitely going to try that, if I were to make an appearance outside the domicile. We had notice last night of incoming rain with high gusting winds winds through most of the morning, and into the afternoon. It is about noon now, and I still hear the winds playing havoc with the Wife's wind chimes. They are just under the eave on the back porch, but they are getting some good movement even as I look out the window at them. The rains were hear early this morning, as the sound of heavy drops hitting woke me - though I do not recall at what time. Somewhere before 6am is all I could affirm to. I've already seen some reports of trees being blown down north of the Valley, where they are also getting snow, and closing/limiting the traffic on sometimes the only main state highway to get into those areas. The Wife has a brother that lives up north, and they have been commenting on the "family chat" messages about the weather there, then the other brothers/wives commenting on where they are (all out of state). Drivel. Pure drivel.

Which is what you expect here most days, and today I am hitting the mark for it. Nothing of excitement has happened in the past two days. I have no plans of anything to come. I did message an Uncle back in Indiana, about if they were planning a family get together this year or not. The Wife and would like to get back to see family before we get too old. Maybe take the Youngest with us, but not sure what we will do about the pets. It's all in speculation mode until the uncle gets back to me. If no trip there, looks like I will be going to North Dakota for Country Fest. Sawyer Brown is playing there this year, and I would love to see them in concert. Few other big country acts as well, just don't remember off the top of my head.

When it rains, ... Books. How my Dad and RM instilled the reading gene in me, I'll never know, but am glad I have it. I have got too many books going on that I *WANT* to read. I also have a few in my *HAVE* to read (as they were eARCs and require I share a public review). Then I still have that other set of *GOING* to reads. Just before writing this paragraph, I did shoot off a review for one of the eARCs, but unfortunately, was not a positive review. I rarely have to write one of those thank goodness. This book just could not get my interest, or attention, even after several tries. Though, the blurb about the story sounded good, and the artwork was nice. I have another I started already, and have a couple more in the request chain. I may be busy doing reviews for a couple weeks, before returning to my current regular reads.

Welp, I guess I am off to go check on my book sites now that I have mentioned reading. Need to check if any of the ones I'm waiting on have come out, or anything new I can request to read.

PeacE

No comments: