Tuesday, January 31

Going Mental

 The last couple of weeks have been somewhat ... different. I say that in a way, that I don't mean my daily routines varied so much, or major catastrophes happened. It's just been different. I noticed that I have felt a higher amount of tiredness - not necessarily sleepiness, just overall tiredness. My mental state has been pretty blah ... just not worth getting excited about anything. My friends have noticed that I am "quieter than normal - not being a s chatty". In doing some self reflection, I see that now. I have no idea what started this, nor how long it will last.

I 'emailed in' sick yesterday. I said I was not feeling well (I wasn't) and that I would need a couple days to hopefully get over it. Why? I don't know - I just did. I did not feel well - physically was weary, and another pain (talk soon). I was achy in an almost flu-like way. I was not hungover, I just didn't feel good. I did catch some extra sleep, but it left me feeling worse off I think than before. Probably the reason I am up and awake at 2:45 in the morning. That, and the back-to-back dreamings I had that woke me with my heart racing. I won't go into detail, as it isn't important... just was.

Sunday night I had the Wife take a look at my lower left leg. the partial front and outer part of my calf had started hurting that day, and it felt feverish, and tight, like the skin was going to split open. She wasn't sure what it could be, but thought it might be a skin infection from when I had the car accident last April. This was the leg that had gotten some scratching on the shin from the dashboard edge. Her other thought was "compartmentalized something or other". No clue what that meant. It could be just an inflammation of some sort. I took some acetaminophen and stayed off it. Yesterday it still ached to the touch, and when bearing weight, though it didn't seem as bad as Sunday. This morning it is still touch sensitive, and I'll drop a couple more pills before trying to lay down again at some point.

Maybe my mental state is just the body getting old on me. I have no clue.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Praying for you. (please call the doctor - it could be serious). Love you, son.