Tuesday, January 3

Day 3

 These post titles are going to get pretty boring if I keep going on like I am.

Up early today. Woke around 3:30am and used the facility. Got a drink of cold water, and returned to bed, falling back asleep quite easily. Only to wake at 4:30am wide awake. So up out of bed and into the office I go. Which I guess in some ways is good. I needed to get a review up on the last book I read in 2022, as I have not taken the time yet. Got that done, jumped over to Goodreads.com and set my new goal for 2023 (at 200 books again, even though last year I exceeded at 266). Took a spin around the sites I peruse for ARCs, or other books coming out for future books to read. 

...and it is only 5:14am now. Sigh. I see a nap coming at some point today.

Only crickets can be heard when I check my emails for work related information. School starts back up tomorrow for the Youngest. I assume the 'City' was by yesterday to look at my front yard to 'approve' it has been cut to under 6", though I never saw them. We spent part of Saturday and between rains on Sunday trying to finish it all up. It would have been faster (and better looking in my opinion) if we didn't have to band-trim around all the freaking plants the Wife tries to grow in the front and along the side. For some reason, her flowers and other plants just don't like being planted by her it seems, and do not tend to live long. I swear, every trip to Lowes, she is in the nursery looking at more flowers/plants. But the yard does look pretty nice, even if it has caused me some physical aches as I am not used to that much physical activity.

The Wife came home last night and asked if I had heard about the football game on earlier. I said no, as I had no care for either team playing now that Washington is out. It was the big deal about a player that had a play, then staggered and fell. After reading an article this mornning, I see it was a cardiac arrest, he was revivied after several minutes of CPR on the field. He is listed as in critical condition at the local UMC. The game was suspended, with no info about a continuation at this point. I mentioned to the Wife that I had not heard, and I really gave it a flippant "Eh." when she told me. These players know thiese risks when they play. I'm sure the player wasn't expecting a heart attack last night, but they know their medical history well enough, I am sure. That's why they risk it for the big bucks. I feel for the player and his family, sure, but not for the the events that happened to cause/because of it.

Day 3 of the new year, and my 'Snack Basket' is still pretty full, and almost overflowing. I had taken not only the goodies that came in it, but added my food/snack goodies from my stocking and other gifts to the basket. It now resides here beside the desk, within hands reach, for when those hungries come visit. I thnk this was such a good gift from RM! Maybe next year it will be a box of 'Snack Basket Refills' for Christmas! Lots of pickles, beef jerky and snack packs to get through, woo hoo!

Today's agenda: Whole lot of nothing. The Wife has a Dr appointment to re-up on her BP meds. I got the text yesterday from Walgreens that my prescriptions are ready. I think I mentioned about a month ago that they called and set me up so all my meds come in and can do in one pick-up versus the several I had to do. Which is nice. And starts this month. I'll wait until this afternoon to go though, as I am sur ethey will call in a scrip for the Wife, and I will pick hers up as well. She also gave me the new medical insurance info to giv ethem. I guess the plan changes somewhat this year, even though still with the same company.

Welp, guess that was the best I got today for ya....

PeacE

No comments: