Tuesday, January 24

Backlogged

 Yesterday, I completed some reviews for some of the books I have already read this year. Only two were 'required' as they were ARCs I had received. As I started the first one, I noticed that I had not gotten around to doing ANY reviews yet this year, and decided to put up the two, and included a third that covered a seven book series I had read. I know, I know, I don't write reviews for EVERY book I read - I wonder when I would have the time to do all that? I do at least give them a rating (within 5 stars) on Goodreads, where I keep track of what/when I have read. Something is better than nothing.

Speaking of reading, I started a "new" series yesterday. Remember back in the '80s a show called "Spenser for Hire"? I think it was Robert Urich that played Spenser, a Boston private investigator, based off the novels by Robert B. Parker. I had read all of them, and there was a couple spin-offs from the book series - Jesse Stone, a Paradise, MA police chief, and Sunny Randall, another Boston PI. I started the Sunny Randall books - there is about 10 of them. They are fairly quick reads, as were the Spenser books, so I am sure I can get through 1 every couple days when I sit down and read.

Where was I going with that last paragraph? Oh, I remember... backlogged. So when I start in on a series, I usually like to have as many of the series available to me, so I don't "skip" some information that may occur in one book. Needless to say, I start feeling I am backlogged on other books I want to read when I start a longer series. Last year I read the Rogue Angel series (62 books) and it felt like forever to get to another type of story. Just because I don't want to 'quit' on a series. I kind of glanced through my ebook library(ies) and I see so many books I have on my TBR section. I also have another section of large series that I want to get through. When I start those, I know all the other books will get put on hold (except ARCs I receive). One I know I want to re-visit is the Powder Mage series. I have read most of the books as they came out, but want to re-read them (in order) to remind myself of the whole story as it happened, not just pieces here and there.

And, I see I have lost your interest in just three paragraphs. Yeah, I know I tend to do that pretty fast sometimes. Welp, I guess that means I should mosey on out of here... after all, I know of another backlog I need to go take care of in the 'reading room'....

PeacE

No comments: