Tuesday, January 10

A Reset Tuesday

 I play a large MMORPG game online called World of Warcraft. I have for years. Anyways, every day they have a reset - usually around 7am PST. Just a quick 'blip' and the "daily quests", dungeon locks, etc, all reset and freshen to a new day. Weekly, on Tuesday mornings, is the "Weekly Reset" - where the larger things (World Quests, Raids, Group Events, etc) do a reset. It is also the morning that they put in fixes for program issues, or adjustments to character attributes, and most important, add new features. This is usually an hour or more of time "down" as they add in the needed software changes, etc. Every Tuesday is the big one.

Today sort of feels that way for me. Woke around 6am, feeling fairly awake, and decided to just lay in bed until the Wife left around 630. Then got up for the necessities, and wandered into the office. I can start work at 7, but have been pushing it off until 730 just because I can. I really am not a fan of this type, and this particular, project. Supposedly it is to last through the end of February, and that feels like a long time for a project I don't like. Sigh. Don't worry, I'm sucking it up and just trying to do the best I can.

With school getting back into the swing of things, the Youngest now has to have Tuesday night practices. It is a percussion practice mandatory every Tuesday. Why? I have no idea. I am not happy about it - additional time we have to take out of our day to get him there on time, and pick him up...Hold on. Tonight's was an "optional" one as they were going to repair, fix, prepare the instruments for next week when they officially start this, but the Son just texted me that the "leader" isn't going to be there tonight, so he isn't going. Nice, for tonight. But they still have the even t going on the next several weeks (months?) that this has to be done. Sigh.

I guess I need to get out and do a little shopping this evening. Used up the rest of the bread yesterday having mayo and pickle sandwiches for lunch, then realized last night that the Wife had picked up more lunchmeat for lunches - but now I have no bread. I also broke my reading glasses. I had picked up a pair that matched my bi-focals, so I didn't have to lean my head back all day working at the computer. So now I need to see if I can find a couple cheap pairs at the dollar store or something. Need some more water flavor packets too, as the root beer ones I got for Christmas are gone already. Course, I like other flavors as well...

Reading has started off well this year. I think I am about 6 books in already. I was able to get about three read over the weekend, which was nice for a change. I see I got RM to get back on one of the sites I use (Goodreads.com) and she has set a goal for herself. I hope she will be able to keep it updated as she goes through books (and the year) whether or not she meets the goal she set. Reminder RM, even if you re-read a book, it counts - just add the additional date range you read it the second time!

Welp, I got about 30 minutes before I need to actually get to work, and I need to get a couple other things accomplished....

PeacE

No comments: