Wednesday, January 18

Livin' It Up

 Wow, there has been so much excitement the last few days....not!

Sunday, I did end up at the pub at the 'regular' time, and of course, no one showed up until nearly 2 in the afternoon. One friend didn't come (again) as he and his girlfriend were preparing to go to Las Vegas in a day or so. The games were boring, and the company just 'Meh', as the one friend (the owner) had to keep running around doing stuff.

The Wife had texted me shortly after I had gotten there, that a good friend of 30+ years had passed away that morning. She had heard from one of the daughters. I had known this lady back when I first started working in an office, and shared so much with her over those years. Though she had moved to the Williams area several years ago, we kept in touch. I was aa bit surprised to hear about her passing, but not surprised as she was older by several years, and had not been in the best of health. Just hurts a bit when you lose a friend.

Monday was MLK day - not that I ever cared. The Youngest got to stay home from school, yet I had to work. Well, they gave us an option. We could take the day, and work four 10-hour days the rest of the week (to make 40 hours if we wanted) or could work that day. I chose to work. No sense not working when I didn't have any other plans to do anything. Yesterday, the workload we were currently working on dried up, and this morning already there is a message that they will contact us when the next part is ready. So who knows how long I'll be sitting here waiting this morning. 'They' estimate an hour or so (from about 7am) but who truly knows. All I know is I am not working past 4pm today. I got things to do...

Welp, I guess I will mosey on out of here and do some more of my internet stuff whilst waiting to hear from the job.

PeacE

No comments: