Thursday, January 5

Back to Normal?

 Up at 6am this morning. a regular time for me in the winter, when I unable to start work until at least 7am. I like the summer hours better, as I can start at 6, but I wonder how that will go now, since daylight savings is supposedly not going to be used much longer. Yesterday's meeting for the new project went fairly well. The work-type has changed a bit for this project, and I feel a little uncomfortable with just reading through the protocols, and going on what very, very basic examples we were shown. I wasn't able to get 'hands-on' as all of us brought in yesterday, were not able to access the project on the needed software. That wasn't fixed until nearly 5pm (for me) last night, and I was not going to log on for 30 minutes of work. So that means I am diving in this morning in just under an hour.

My work day will be followed up by heading to the Oldest Son's abode. Found out yesterday, we had put Comp/Collision on his policy (I didn't think we had) so he needs to call the insurance about his stolen car. He won't get much, but a few thousand dollars is better than nothing. Then he wants to 'test drive' my Rav4. He is looking to get one, or a similar model, and wants to actually drive one before spending the time looking for that particular type. It'll be nice to spend some time with him, even though the situation wasn't the best.

I think I will work on the leftover pizza for lunch (again) today. Seems when there is pizza leftover, I'm the only one that eats it. The Wife didn't feel like cooking last night and told us to find whatever for dinner, mentioning that there was quite a bit of pizza. The Youngest goes and gets ramen noodles, instead of the pizza. Sigh. I may end up throwing some of it out because, honestly, after two days of pizza, even I get tired of it. Follow up with some of the spicy pickle spears that the Daughter made. Once those are gone, I'll start in on RM's bread 'n butter pickles I got for Christmas.

As I was sitting here, waiting on the computer to reboot this morning, I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a cup of coffee this morning? Then I remembered back a couple days ago. I had thought the same thing, and fixed myself a large cup. Now I don't Keurig, I just use instant. About three hours after I finished the coffee, I was bouncing off the walls. Turns out the instant the Wife had picked up for me, was caffeinated, not decaf, and boy was I wired! I mentioned it to her, and all she said was that she thought that was what I drank. Sigh. Container says makes 120 servings... got 119 to go. Yee. Haw.

Welp, the Wife just left with the Youngest to get him to school. I need to get a few other things done before work.

PeacE


No comments: