Thursday, March 16

Some Bitching and Moaning

 It has been a whole seven days since I last posted. Typing that, I feel like I am catholic and starting confession. Which is sort of a joke in itself...but to continue.

Nothing much of import has been happening. One of the support "legs" on my keyboard broke. This is a fairly new one I had gotten in just the past few months. I am using a a couple water-flavor packet boxes to give the keyboard the 'tilt' so I am able to type better. I don't see myself spending another $30 anytime soon to replace it. I can be frugal like that.

Last August I believe, I was in the ER due to a severe pain I woke to one morning, that was on the right side of my abdomen. The pain was bad enough, I could hardly draw breath without a stab of pain. After less than an hour, I decided that this was bad enough to go to the ER. After eight hors there, with no food or drink, it was concluded that they had no clue as to what the cause of the pain was. I was given a small dose of morphine early on, to help ease the pain, so I could breath (and bring my O2 level back up). After eight hours, with no diagnosis, I did feel slightly less pain, enough I could go home, so I did. Over the next few days, the pain subsided gradually, and went away.

It showed itself again yesterday, though not as bad as last August. The pain wasn't as bad, or my tolerance was better - not sure which. But it was still bad enough I felt nauseous most of the day, when I wasn't sleeping. By late last night, much of the pain had subsided, yet from sleeping most of the day, I was up til nearly 2:30 this morning. Still no clue what brought this on.

It is Thursday. March Madness starts for the NCAA basketball season. I'm meeting up with a friend to watch a few of the opening games. My beloved Purdue isn't scheduled to play today, but their first game is against FDU tomorrow. They look to have a really good team this year, and I would like to see them go all the way.

Haven't heard anything from the Company about any new projects. This is not a new thing, as it sometimes takes them a few weeks to place me into a new project at times. I suppose I will be sending off another email to remind them of my availability come Monday.

RM goes in for some cataract surgery on one of her eyes this morning. My thoughts are with her. She professes no fears of the surgery, as she has known and trusts her eye doc, but the way she writes about it, I wonder a little. I know I would be worried. Having someone mess with your eyes, even when you need the surgery, is somewhat daunting. You should see me every time I get told I need a root canal... not a pleasant sight to see a big guy like me scared to death.

Anyways, I got a few things to do before heading out to watch some Bball...

PeacE

2 comments:

Mike said...

I use a keyboard stand similar to this one instead of the support legs on a keyboard to tilt it: https://www.amazon.com/Refrze-Computer-Keyboard-Tray%EF%BC%88Holder-Ergonomic/dp/B07PHQFC9B/

Ralphd00d said...

I thought about a similar product before the leg replacements. Unfortunately, my typing habits has the keyboard roaming over the desk, as I work/play through the day. Definitely could not go back to a wired keyboard either!