Wednesday, March 22

Wasted Effort

 I did get out yesterday. It was near noon when I motivated myself to get going to do the errands that needed done. Grocery store was first, where, yes, I did get more stuff than I really needed ( I was hungry) but also texted the Wife to get anything she could think of. Then it was off to Savers. They did not have any casual pants in my size that I wanted. Ended up choosing a pair of black jeans. As I was checking out, the lady assisting at the self-checkout (no actual cashiers here) came over and said something about a discount day. I know they have color-coded tags, and certain days a color gets 'XX' discount. As she finished putting in my 30% discount, she says "the senior discount is always nice."

Now I don't mind saving a couple bucks, but, really? So I say to her, that I am not a senior though. She looks at me, and glances at my beard, then back to my eyes, and softly says that she is sorry she made that assumption. I just smiled and said I'm only 51, but a discount is a discount. 

People always judging these days....

So, I was out last night to meet up with a buddy, when I got an email from the Court. Turns out my group was not needed today (YAY!) so no trip downtown today. Also, no need to buy the jeans (discount or not). Though I suppose I will keep them, in case.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

LOL There will come a time that you will ASK for the senior discount - because you have earned it!