Monday, March 6

Noting the Passage of Time

 Monday morning. It sure is. I rolled (almost literally) out of bed around 8am this morning. I did my medical readings. I went through my emails, and sent one to the Company, that I am ready and able to return to active status as of today. Not sure if I really feel that way, but sometimes you just have to 'do what you have to do', and I feel this is one of them. I am sure once I finish writing here, I will be on a tour of my blog reads.

Saturday was busy. Spent a good part of the day taking care of lawn work. I mowed, then worked on the sidewalk and driveway, removing grass from the cracks and such. A big guy like me, down on my knees ... needed to be done, but I am paying for it. Even with knee pads, Sunday I woke hurting in the back, knees, hips, and shoulders. Today, I already have taken a couple acetaminophen, though the aches are not quite as bad. I was not able to finish all the drive, but at least things look nicer out front. Sunday also had a couple of the Sons help get a bunch of bulk trash stuff set out by the curb. Pick up is slated to start this week (but may take two weeks to complete) and we now have a nice stack of wood from the backyard that really needed out of here. Sometimes I am surprised at the amount of stuff the in-laws had 'hoarded' here. I'm not getting on to that subject... just makes me mad.

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but my office chair broke last week. a bolt in connection the arm and chair seat had snapped, and now prevents any sort of comfortable position when trying to lean back, or use that arm (right side). I mentioned to the Wife Saturday I was needing to get out to look for a new chair, and she brought up that they had a lifetime warranty on this one. I spent a few minutes going through the files this morning and found the warranty. I will be reading through it this morning and see what I need to do to get a replacement. Hope it won't take long. It was through a local Staples chain outlet that it was bought. Might require a trip up there (a whole mile away) to pick out another style as this one my be obsolete even after just two years - or out of stock with no intention of renewing.

Went to a late birthday supper for the Youngest on Sunday evening. Oldest Son made it, but Middle Son didn't. Middle was angry at me (for reasons I won't discuss on here) and was avoiding being near me at all costs. Something he will have to work through, sigh. It was nothing fancy, just a local Country Boys dinner. That restaurant has been there for many, many years, but over the past 15 years, it has slowly started dying I think. First the quality of food, started getting worse, then the staff, then the look of the place. We had not been there for a good year or more, and it had slipped from being nearly 24-hour business to closing early on days. They used to provide coupons for return visits, and would allow a large family to use more than one 2-for-1 coupons in one setting. A reason we liked them as a family of 6. They no longer use coupons - at all. Only 1 waitress and 1 cook. I had an all-you-can-eat fish meal. The fish wasn't bad, but the tartar sauce was runny and terrible. Same with the cole slaw. Everyone did eat all they had on the plate, but I didn't ask anyone else how it tasted. Might not be going there anytim e again soon.

Welp, I guess I should go figure out this chair warranty thing, and find something to eat. Be nice if I can just go pick up a new chair and not have to wait extra time. Will find out I guess.

PeacE

No comments: