Friday, November 24

Post Turkey Day Ramblings

 It is officially Friday now, and has been for almost a whole hour. I can't sleep, so figured I would entertain you with how my Turkey Day went, with so few embellishments, you won't believe it truly did occur.

The day started with Wife, Youngest, and myself, leaving the house about 9am. We were going to grab some Wendy's for the road, but they were closed, so ended up at McD's. Traffic on the road wasn't terrible as far as number of drivers, but the there seemed a bit more than our usual Day-trip to Tucson. Quite a few were obvious impatient to get to their destinations, that there were several times expletives left my mouth. Overall we arrived safely, in the average amount of time it usually takes.

Dinner was mid-afternoon, and the SIL did one heck of a good job. He smoked one turkey, and deep-fried the other. Both came out very tasty! Sides included mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, candied yams, cheesy croissants, gravy, stuffing, giblet gravy, and smoked mac and cheese. I had a bit of everything, except the yams and stuffing (yuck) and could only manage to eat one plateful, though did get just a smidgen more of both turkey meats. A nice sized container of the giblet gravy came home with me. I know RM had asked me a couple days ago about if I needed/wanted the (if any) giblet gravy from their meal, and I said sure, but not sure if I need it now. Daughter made today's with the giblets of 2 turkeys, so there was quite a bit!! I think on Youngest and I ate any of it - those other people are just missing out and eating plain brown gravy....

Doodad was busy with two of her uncles for most of the time, as Oldest Son made it there awhile after we had arrived. Middle couldn't make it due to needing to rest as he had/has to work this night. The Wife and I ended up leaving around 8pm, so I wouldn't be driving overly tired (I must be getting old) so we left the Youngest there, as the Oldest Son said he would drive him home after they all played some games for a couple hours. Youngest just made it home about fifteen minutes ago. He has plans to spend the day with his girlfriend and some of her family for a second Turkey Day.

It was a good day, except for missing the Middle Son. Not sure where we are going to do Christmas at this year, but plan to figure out something soon. I'm sure it will be in the Valley so we all can make it to RM & PT's as our usual plans. I tried several times to get ideas for gifts for Christmas from the kids, but it didn't really work. I usually try to get one gift for each that I pick out, and Wife does the rest. I do have one for the Daughter, and I have a small ting for each of the boys and SIL. Still need to figure out the gift for Doodad from Papaw, as it is usually the best gift, and she just loves it!

Welp, still not tired. I think I might just hit up some sites real early for Black Friday specials and see if anything 'leaps' out at me for the kids and Doodad. Oh crap, and the Wife as she has a birthday coming up soon, as well as Christmas.... when it rains it pours....

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Glad you got some giblet gravy as ours was gone.... do you want dressing? I can make a batch special for you today as I kept some broth and have the fixings all to pull it together. If not, will probably dump the broth. Let me know if you read this in a decent time. I expect to be home most of the day. Glad you had a good time- loved the photo of you and Doodad fixing the eggs. And what do you mean stuffing (yeck)?