Friday, August 31

Babies bursting out on National Holiday

Heh, that was what Labor day meant to me as a kid for a few years. And then I learned about unionization, etc. Labor day was almost always associated to pregnancy in my mind because I myself am a Labor Day baby. That's right, that lucky day the Reverend Mother popped me out, it was Labor Day. Now, my birthday only falls on Labor day every eleven years, so next time won't be until I am 44. Seems closer than it should be...

Speaking of birthdays, obviously mine is coming next week (take note family members).

Scottsdale Princess had an idea, that I am sure many of us have thought of before. Blogfest. Hell, Texas has one, and even those elegantly spoken southern bloggers have their fling in Helen coming up. I know Dazd even was trying to get one going in Indiana, but couldn't get enough takers at the time. I dunno SP, how many people in AZ would be interested in having one? Heck, who would be interested in planning one. That's probably the hard part. Location and all that. Proximity to air, bus, car travel - food places, liquor stores, and in a nice weather climate. Hell, so much for having one here....

Well, it is Friday, and here my morning is just short of finishing up. Hard to believe I am already pretty much caught up in my work. Wonder how early they will allow us to sneak out of here for the holiday weekend? Not that I have anything special planned. Sis and spoke briefly this morning about going to her place Monday for pool and food, but nothing definite as of yet. All I know is a need to go shopping this weekend for a belt and new pair of work shoes. And Bib overalls. I have been looking all over for some here in Phoenix and cannot find any. I ran into a guy last night that had some fairly new ones on and asked him. He went up to Chino Valley to get his. So I figure it is going to have to be a day trip to some smaller town with more farmers to find me a general store that carries them.

Okay, I think we have pretty much covered anything I can think of off the top of my head - the holiday, birthdays, blogfests, bib overalls, and plans for the holiday. Yup - pretty much covered them subjects good enough. Drop me a line and let me know how you are going to, or have, celebrate(d) your weekend. Except Hoosierboy - I know what you are doing - moving. So is T1G. Sucks to have to do that on a holiday weekend - I feel for ya guys.

PeacE

No comments: