Monday, August 27

Kids are sometimes the ultimate 'feel-good'

And no, I didn't mean that in the Michael Jackson/pedophile way. (wonder how many hits will happen with that word in here)

Friday I took the oldest son to the ball game and he had a blast. I was just beaming inside at the good time he was having, and have made myself a pact, sort of, that next season we will try to get more tickets for the games. He made it through almost the whole game without having to use the bathroom, and actually paid attention and asked questions, etc. He even got a shirt thrown out from the mascot, Baxter.

But it just wasn't he that made it feel good this weekend. Saturday I said I was headed up to watch the Nascar race, and both older boys asked if they could go. Actually, it was more of them asking if they could go with to the big track, which is where they thought I was going. I was actually headed for the pub. So I had to tell them that I wasn't going to the track, but maybe this November when it comes back to PIR, just maybe we could see about tickets. Oh the smiles and shouts of joy!! Now, I need to find some cheap tickets for that event.

Of course, later that evening when I came home. I had the two youngest boys (5 and 1) hollaring "Daddy" and running to hug me when I walked in the door. Hard to beat that feeling. My daughter on the other hand, has totally disowned me, or at least doesn't bother to say much to me. I think all I got over the weekend were answers to questions I directly asked her. Of course, during the week I get the half arm hug, and a "bye" when I drop her off at school. I guess that's something at least. I suppose Reverend Mother feels snubbed at times too when I finish a phone convo with her. She always says Love you, and I just say okay and bye.

Anyways, so I am feeling like one of the best damn daddies out there right now. I know I don't compare to many others, but what my kids don't know (or maybe in this case do know) is what's best. Check out this vid!




Okay, folks! I have to get back to my desk. It is fairly busy day and I have much to get done yet. Til tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: