Wednesday, February 3

Another Nothing Post

 Welcome to another Wednesday edition of "I Have Nothing To Post About". I don't know how RM manages to find a topic to write about most fays, even if it is based off of personal memories, or tales of exploits, or even things she has to do that day. I work, eat, sometimes drink, and sleep. Kind of hard to get excited and find a topic out of all that....

I slept in yesterday - on a workday at that. At least an hour longer than I normally would have. I only got that much more as I had asked Sis to call me about 7 as I had a question for her. Then I laid in bed until about 7:40am before getting up and heading to the computer to start work. Most mornings I like to get up a couple hours before, just to go through emails, FB, and whatnot, prior to starting the day. Sometimes I even post some boring stuff here.... like today. Of course, today, I was up an hour before the alarm, so made a trip tot he local QuikTrip for some cigarettes, soda and breakfast (that being the jalapeno cheese and sausage hot dog (x2) that I call 'rollers'). Now haven eaten, and had half a Mtn Dew (loading up on the sugar already) I think I may be ready to start the day.

The middle Son stopped by yesterday morning. Though I was later about getting up, when I got to the computer, there was a McD's bag with breakfast in it, and a couple large sweet teas. When he had gotten off work that morning, he had came over (about 6'ish) to "hang out" until the 99 cent store opens. So, sausage mcmuffins and sweet tea was breakfast. And I love me some sweet tea. Over the past few years, a few more places here in AZ are starting to actually serve it. A few of the restaurants we go to, serve it, and it is my drink of choice. Otherwise it is just a regular tea and I add sweet 'n low. The Wife almost always has a raspberry tea. Anyways, the middle Son is so nice about doing the breakfast thing sometimes when he comes over after work like that. Then when he runs to the store, he always asks if we need anything. I usually just tell him a 2-liter of Mtn Dew, which he always gets me. Wife will sometimes ask for something small. He always refuses to take any money from us, even though he spent less than $5 getting things for us. He is turning out to be a nice young man. Now, if he and his older siblings would 'rub' off on the youngest. Sigh.

The mortgage company that is handling the Note on my old house is confusing me. Even with my Real Estate experience, and the several years I worked for a Mortgage Broker, I am so lost in regards to how this company remains in business. Thank goodness The house will be done and out of my hands by the end of the month. So, over the last year plus, we have been slowly getting things out of the house. Don't ask why so long, just go with it. At one point earlier 2020, the insurance company found out we were not living in the house (I'm guessing got a forwarded mail notice) and cancelled the policy as it was not a landlord type policy. I understand that. They refunded the overage for the remaining coverage (about $500). I'm like, okay, maybe we don't need insurance and let's just get this cleaned out and sold finally. When we got it under contract (around the 1st of 2021) we needed insurance because there were going to be workers there doing remodeling, etc, and needed coverage 'just in case'. My attorney/insurance friend, helped me find a temporary coverage agent, and got something in place. This is where the mortgage company confuses me.....

Edit: I figured it out - sorta. The mtg co wants back the difference for those months... about $518. Afer they cut the check in another dept. Best I got....

Let's start off by saying my payments to the mortgage company are escrowed - meaning I pay insurance and taxes with the monthly payment. So the insurance company had already refunded some money for overage when they cancelled.

Back in early January, the mtg co sends me notice that they show there is no current insurance on the house (working on the temp ins at that time). They say they are going to put a policy in place if I don't and it may be expensive. Understood. My insurance agent sends the new temp insurance info to the mtg co. Monday, I get a new letter from the mtg co, and included in it is a check for over $2k, that they are refunding to me for an escrow overage. So they were overcharging me on the escrow account? THAT MUCH?!? AND, last week there was a letter from the mtg saying they are going to CHARGE me $518 to have insurance in place that would have covered from Aug-Jan (period there was no insurance). HUH??!!?? Give me 2k, but charge me 518.... shouldn't that have been taken out before you gave me a check? I'm confused. That's why I got a second opinion from Sis. And it concurred with my thought. Deposit the check. If they need to charge me the 518, let them add it on the payoff when the house closes later this month. Geez.....morons.

Well, maybe tomorrow I will have something better to post.

PeacE

No comments: