Sunday, February 7

Just *SHM* (Shaking My Head)

 I headed over to RM's blog this morning, and now I am sitting here, literally, just *smh*. Part of her post (rant?) today was about my cousin ... the one that had "moved" out here last year at the urgings of my brother. They were close in age growing up, and got along well. That was when they were kids. now both of them are messed up in the head. Anyways, RM mentioned some of the things that have 'gone on/been happening' with the Cousin, and how she is frustrated at how he is - about dealing with others, himself with his meds, etc, and that she is "ready to tell him to pack up and move back to Indiana". And I snicker. Yes, at my Mother. I knew this day was coming, and am not the least bit surprised. Family or not, I am tired of his antics, and told my brother Months ago to send the Cousin 'home'.

I have always considered myself a 'Family Man', though, I guess once you think about it, in some ways I am not. I distance myself from my family - my siblings especially. One is a drama queen, and the other is a 'better than thou' and I have grown to hate that about both of them. I try to keep an open line of communication with them, but don't reach out, or visit, them at all. I live my life, and lead my family, in so much of a different way. I even jokingly tell RM that I was adopted, because I am so different than the two siblings. We laugh at that, as we know I truly wasn't adopted. It was more being raised separately and differently than the sibs were, and having different life events/choices growing up in the childhood years. At least, that's all I can think of.

Speaking of family, we did a trip down to Tucson yesterday. I woke that morning and told the Wife and Youngest to get up we were going. Spent the day with Doodad and family. Got back home last night about 11pm. I was tired! But I did get to play with the Doodad for a bit, and just watching her play makes my heart swell with love. The Daughter was busy trying to finish up a craft project she had a deadline for, so didn't get to spend time with me until later in the day. The Wife of course was by her side the whole time chatting away. I watched TV, and Doodad. Even the SIL and I had time to sit and chit-chat. Not sure when the next time they will be up or we will go down there to visit. Daughter gave the Youngest his Bday gift early, in case they don't make it up before March.

Super Bowl game is here today. Whoopee. I just have not been into watching any football this year. With the forced mascot/name change for my Washington team, and the whole playing the BLM anthem before games in the early part of the season, I just gave up on football. I heard that Wash. won the division, but lost the first playoff game. So I have no horse in today's race, and care for neither team. A close friends BIL used to do a nice SB party but had to stop doing it the last few years due to the health of his wife. I'm sure most pubs will have drink specials and those that have food will do specials for that as well. But I ain't going. I think I will spend today playing Warcraft, and deciding on what to load up on my tablet for reading. I'm four books ahead of schedule for my goal. Just finishing up the Jesse Stone series that was started by Robert B. Parker - the guy that created 'Spenser for Hire' series. I might read those next. There are about 30 of them.

Alrighty, time to move on to something else today besides writing here.

PeacE

No comments: