Saturday, February 13

A Sleepless Day Off

 Saturday mornings are generally considered one of the days of the week I am not working, and have the opportunity to sleep in. Most of them I do, since I usually go out with friends the night before, and stay out too late. Last night I stayed home though, and was in bed at my "usual" hour. Then awake at 3:30am this morning. I was able to nap for about another hour, before I decided it was a waste of time, and got up. A quick run to the QT to get cigarettes (and a couple rollers and drinks) and here I sit, going through the morning routine.

No update on a new project for work. If it runs the normal gamut, it will eb late Sunday, or early Monday morning before I hear anything.

The oldest Son texted me yesterday, upset about our DMV. We had helped him get a newer vehicle a short while back. At the beginning of the month, DMV had emailed him the registration amount, etc. He made the payment online to them. Mind you, this is for his plates and registration. Evidently, somehow the payment didn't go through (not due to lack of finances, but some other glitch) and he called yesterday to follow up about not receiving the updated sticker and the plates. Seems the payment never processed, and no one contacted him, so he wanted to correct it right then on the phone, but they would not let him. The excuse was the people that do phone payments leave at 5pm, though the phone lines are open until 6pm. Needless to say, he was frustrated, and concerned about driving his car with the expired dealer paper in place of the actual license plate and current registration. I told him he was okay to drive, and if for whatever reason was pulled over, just explain it to the officer. They understand sometimes it takes a little longer to get your plates on a new(er) vehicle. Either way he was a bit miffed. Can't say I blame him.

No idea what plans are for today. Might take a nap later being up so early today. Then again, I may not and sleep better tonight. Hope to hear something on the sale of the house soon. Sis and BIL have not said much of anything, and it is less than 2 weeks to contract end. Hope they don't screw me over. If they do, I know I will never hear the end of it from my Wife, and it will just ruin what little relationship I have left with Sis. 

Well, enough negative thoughts this morning. I'm going to see what I can find to watch on Netflix.

PeacE

No comments: