Friday, February 5

A Freebie Day ... Kinna

 Yesterday, around the noon hour, the work project came to the end of phase one. Which means that I was done for the day. Today, they will be prepping things for phase two, which I am sure I will be on, and that will officially start on Monday. So today is a "Free Day" from work. except, it is without pay, so not really free. It's kind of nice though. I will be able to take care of a couple things that I have needed to do (a run to the bank) and just sort of relax.

I thought about sleeping in today, since there is no work. I decided against it. I did set the alarm for about 15-30 minutes later than the usual morning time, but still ended up awake at the regular time. Which is fine with me. It makes me think about sleeping habits of people. Ever since I can remember, the "older" people end to rise in the early hours, while the "young" tend to sleep in (when not required to get up). My teenager will sleep all day if we let him. Yet, the only way it seems I am able to sleep in late is if I am 'recovering' from a night of drinking. Or was up until 3-4 am due to not being able to fall asleep. Is it habit? Is it because I tend to go to bed at a decent hour, and the body just gets its need for rest and then says enough? I dunno. I just notice that I am getting more and more into that "older" part of the spectrum.

The Wife had mentioned yesterday, that since I was off today, we should do a trip to Tucson. I nixed it. Though I truly would love to see Doodad and family. I asked what about the Youngest Son? He has online school. Ph they have wifi at their house. But that means getting up (even earlier) to drive there, wake them up, just so he could start on time. he can't go to class while we are driving. Then I thought, what about after classes? Except, I just didn't feel up to the drive. I still don't this morning. Also it would involve getting at least a room for the night (not a problem) as I would not want to drive back at midnight. I just thought, not this weekend. Maybe sometime soon.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Gasp! You turned down an opportunity to see Doodad? I wouldn't! As for sleeping - I COULD sleep in - but this is MY time. Why sleep and WASTE my time? I get up early to work, so why not get up early for ME. Yeah, I may take a nap later, but getting up early starts my day. :-)