Thursday, February 25

The Near-End-Of-Week Goings-On

 This week has been a bit of ups and downs. See the last post for how the week started... that felt like being on a roller coaster, and just started out of the station, and heard/felt that "Chink" as the cars hooked into the chain that pulls them up that first big hill.

Tuesday the Wife and I drove to Scottsdale and signed paperwork to close on the sell of our old home. On the way, we discussed what we thought might be the "final" figure we would end up with. Once we actually saw the settlement statement, we had guessed nearly spot on. That was a relief. Signing happened with no issues. Yesterday we received notice that it recorded, and fund disbursement would happen today. It is nice to have that over with, and no longer a worry. I do expect some additional funds to be coming back to me from the mortgage company (escrow account) and possibly the insurance company.

Since the beginning of the HS school year, the youngest has mostly been doing 'virtual learning' from home. There was short period of about a month or so, that they actually returned to school on a hybrid learning program. But when Covid numbers busted high again, it was back to all learning at home. This has caused us issues with his grades - as in him not wanting to do homework, thus, results were a couple weeks ago of two classes with a grade of "F". As parents, we have tried different things to get him to get the grade up, encouraging him to do the make-ups as allowed, etc. We have withheld his tablet from him as we could, though he has notes from classes on it supposedly, and needs it back at times. I have been frustrated about the whole thing, and have informed him if he fails, he repeats it, as I am not paying for Summer School. As of yesterday, he still has one class with an "F", and we had to physically wrestle the tablet away from him. I don't know what to do anymore. He has basically 2 weeks to get his grade up before getting a final grade. I wish the school would get back to mandatory attendance "at school" instead of this at home crap. It would help solve the issues... as he was doing fine when he went even part of the week.

The Company I work for has offices across the US, and I often am working online with people in several different states. The projects we work on, also have some weird time availabilities for us to work, based on the location of the Client (I think). Either way, this current project allows me to start work as early as 6am. I have always preferred to start work earlier, allowing me to finish earlier in the day (and also need to go to bed earlier too). So a 6:30-2:30 day is pretty nice! This week, with a late start on Monday, I actually have been working til 3pm, getting that extra half hour in each day, to help make closer to 40 for the week. I truly love doing this job.

I have yet to verify with the Wife, but I think we will go out this Saturday and test-drive some vehicles. We are both looking to get newer ones (her a newer one, me, just one to have).

That's all I got today...

PeacE

No comments: