Monday, May 3

It's a Land of Confusion

 Ay-yi-yi! Welcome to today's edition of 'I don't know what is going on'.....

Friday I had received an email from the Company (the preferred method of  communication) informing me of a "new"" project that was starting on Monday (today) and checking my availability. Since I was still finishing up a project, I informed them that I was NOT available. Yesterday, I get another email, basically saying that regardless if I was on another project, I was being diverted to a new project today, and that the Project Lead would be contacting me with details.

Let's fill in some back details .... Last week, I had a chance to meet one of the guys I have worked a few projects with, named Abdul. Over a year ago, my friend J is the one that got me to apply here, and these two worked together at that time, so we had a person in common between us.

So he meets up with us, meeting me for the first time in person. I'm sure that was a shock to him,  considering my buddy is like a mini John Cena, and I am Santa Clause personified. Either way, I find out that my name is getting "widely known" around the Company, supposedly since I am fast at reading /processing what we are doing, and Project Mgrs are always wanting me on their teams. If this is true, why is so much down-time between projects? I don't know. But he tells me this info, and I believe him somewhat. He is an attorney, and sees what they see in me.

So this email yesterday, saying no matter what I am being pulled from a project to start a new one, but no new info about the start other than the time (no meeting invite, no new info as if yet this morning). If they want me that bad for projects, wouldn't you be sure to get that info to me? Sigh. Maybe it is all just getting to me head. It is nice to know people like me work and would prefer me over others for a project.

I did a crazy thing yesterday. I bought a dozen donuts. What's crazy about that? I don't care to eat donuts. Or Cake. I have spent time over the years, with making both, to the extent I don't care for them. But I ate two of them. And another two this morning. I have to admit, these are REALLY good. In case you are wondering RM, they are form the Rainbow Donuts there near my house. The apple fritters are to die for!

The Wife's alarm clock went off this morning before mine. I thought she was just setting it for 15 mins ahead of the hour, but as I look at the time on the computer, I have no idea what time she set it for. I thought 6:45, but it just now being 6:30...why would she have it set before 6am? Why am I up this early??!! Sigh.

Land of Confusion

PeacE

Edit: Talk about Confusion! It's now been an hour since I was "told" to report online. All we have been told to do is 'sit and wait'. Sigh. I wish someone would get their shit together.

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Congratulations on being so good at what you are doing! That is always a good thing. Proud of you, son. Hope you didn't have tosit and wait long. Donuts? Yeah, we've been to that Rainbow donuts a few times - always stayed away until our last year in that area. Stopped on a whim one time and got apple fritters.... oh yeah. I agree! When your brother and I did the 13.1 miles the other year we stopped there to cool off and I asked for a green tea - it was the nastiest. I think they used a powder versus a teabag and it was lukewarm. I threw it away it was so bad. But their donuts - yeah, they are good.