Monday, May 24

What a Day

 Sigh. Today was much more of a Monday than I was anticipating. I did finally get about three hours of sleep, to get up and find out that work was supposedly moving forward at 8am my time. I logged in to see that there was still a delay. So I let them know I would be back in two hours (after my shot appointment). Went and got the shot. Came home, logged in again, and things were moving. A little after 1pm, the power goes out. A brief amount of time, maybe 10 seconds, and it was back on, but when my modem rebooted, it came up with a weird status.

I spent the next 5-10 minutes rebooting the modem, and trying everything I could think of to get it working right, all with no luck. I called our provider, spent 30 minutes or more on the phone to finally get disconnected from the technical department. Contacted my Project Mgr and let her know what is going on. Spent another 30 minutes plus on hold again, and finally got the modem back up and working. Seems the abrupt power outage had reset everything to the factory settings and needed to be reset to our settings. I didn't have them written down, or I couldn't find them, so Provider helped, and I finally was able to get back online for work.

Now I have been sitting here 20 minutes waiting on the Team Lead to let me what to work on next, as the items we were working on before are now all completed. Sigh. On the plus side, the shot location is only mildly sore, and other than some small bouts of feeling sick to my stomach, everything seems fine.

I guess I will wait and see if there is any more work today.

PeacE

No comments: