Saturday, May 8

In The End, Things Mostly Work Out

 What a week! There were a couple days I wasn't sure what side of the grass I was going to be on ... or is that jail bars?

Work somewhat mellowed out. I'm not happy about how things are being done, but all I have rank & pull for doesn't matter. If I can get through it, like RM says, this too will pass. Like a kidney stone ten times the size of where it needs to go out of. At least I am working, and like the work, and have the opportunity to do it from home. Good things. Positives!

Later today (because it is like 1:30am and again I can't sleep) I was planning on going to RM's to give her a Mothers Day present. Then earlier tonight realized that they are gone this weekend, to somewhere up north. I know Friday included "attending" a graduation ceremony for a nephew of mine. So, I guess if a day comes along next week where I have a few hours to kill (due to time between projects) or just some evening I will run it over to her.

I actually got a gift for the Wife "from the boys" because I am sure they did not get her anything. Not because they don't care ... they just don't think about it. The Daughter will have something I am sure next time they come up.. I hope soon. I know the Wife picked up some special things for Doodad's bday, Mother Day for the Daughter, and the SIL has his bday coming up soon as well - next week in fact.

The Wife and I had a nice little dinner date tonight. We hadn't had one in a while. the Youngest had band practice at school (for real!) so we had plenty of time to sit and eat. We tried to find someplace we hadn't been before, by just driving around a little. That didn't work, so we ended up at a Dennys near our home that we like.

I might be going to North Dakota this July. Never been there before. My buddy J knows people there (he worked as a State Asst DA) and one person he knows is the event owner/coordinator/Big Boss of the annual Country Thunder Fest-type event they have there. The guy is giving us VIP passes (upfront of the stage all shows) so that's pretty cool. Main headliner is Dustin Lynch, but there will be others lesser known as well. Just waiting on my buddy to get us airline quotes to figure up what my finances are expected to be, then will be making a decision. I brought all this up to the Wife tonight, and she seemed okay with it... but we will see.

Welp, I am either going to try to go back to bed, or end up watching a movie.

PeacE

No comments: