Sunday, May 30

Sunday Morning, and I am Going Down (for the count)

 Ugh! Up at the unwelcome hour of 2am this morning. No idea what woke me, but it was a full awake mode when it happened. I didn't feel threatened, or startled, just ... wide awake. I laid in bed, trying to get back to sleep before succumbing to temptation and checking the time. Then I knew I might as well get up. So instead, I laid there a bit longer. Then thoughts of food and drink started popping through my head, and I decided I was going to run up the QT to get a couple jalapeno/cheese sausage dogs, and fill my travel mug with Mtn Dew. So I did. Got up, dressed, drove up there - no sausages. The kitchen was closed - doesn't open until 6am. All hot food available was a couple taquitos, and I didn't feel like that. I filled my mug with soda, and grab a pack of Zingers, then returned home. Breakfast of champions at 2:30am.

I ate, drank and played Warcraft until about 5, then started this post. Not much on the excitement level, huh? No major plans today. Oldest Son is actually off work today (last I knew) and I will cehck with him if he is interested in joining us for a dinner out this evening. Middle Son went to Tucson yesterday for the weekend. Daughter is doing plans with her In-Laws this holiday weekend.

Work has been crazy lately. I might feel like checking in with them today to see if anyone is working, and if they need a couple hours or so of help. All week, I have been moved from project to project at the QC level (3 projects this week) which is weird considering the previous three weeks they weren't allowing me to do the QC work they had trained me to do. Like I said - weird. But it is happening now, so I am not complaining too much. I hope to get past this feeling of the 'speed bump' the company is stuck on. Could lead to real good things if I stick it through....

North Dakota trip is pretty much set. Flight booked, hotel booked, got a couple "essentials" I felt I needed to have for the trip. I think the only thing left really, is I need to get a new set of slip-on shoes (for the flight - I hate having to try to find someplace to sit and re-tie my shoes after security), and maybe a good set of tennies for while there.

Well, it is starting to get a little light in the sky outside the window, so I guess I am going to try to lay back down for awhile.

PeacE

No comments: