Saturday, May 15

The Recap

 


I like The Dead South. They have a couple songs I like ... 'The Massacre of El Kuroke' and 'In Hell I'll Be in Good Company'. Easy instruments, good vocals. Good Folk vibe.

Not much has gone on this last week. Work finally got my payment codes to me. Saturday here it finds me waiting again for the project codes for this past week... all for one project. Office talk with a friend that works there as well, has me knowing more about office politics than I care to know about, which leads to questions/answers as to the process of how we are currently doing things. I think I am just going to keep on doing what I am doing, and hopefully this will all change to the better soon.

The Wife and I had a nice brunch today at one of our favorite paces, Ronnie's Cafe. Then she took me out to a discount grocery place out on the west side of town. I had not known about it, and I am actually quite impressed with the size and items they actually had. We only spent around $80, but got plenty of food stuff and snacks to last us quite awhile. Definitely a place to go to at least once a month or so to stock up on certain things. Once back home the Wife took a nap, and I wandered around the Web until I got here.

Memorial Day is coming up soon. We have not made any plans for anything. I'm hoping that Doodad and her family come up but I do not know their plans.

I booked my flight to go to North Dakota this summer. For five days in July, I will be near the Bismarck area for the ND Country Fest. My buddy J knows the event head honcho, who is giving us free VIP entry passes for the whole event. Which basically means stage-front access, and VIP area access (less crowded than general admission areas). My buddy will get a backstage pass with his package. Supposed to have some good shows: Little Texas, Brantley Gilbert, Diamond Rio, John Michael Montgomery, Lee Roy Parnell, and the big event act is Dustin Lynch. Sure, there will be some local acts, some up-and-comings there as well. Weather will be nice compared to the Valley in July!

Well, guess I should move on to doing something else 'round here.

PeacE

No comments: