Friday, May 21

Let's See What Happens

 Welcome to another Friday. Today will be an interesting one, considering there are multiple factors that will affect how the day will flow, and end.

1. Didn't sleep well last night. The past few nights have been just hours of short naps, with lots of tossing and turning. I'm not sure what is causing it to happen, I just know I have not had a decent night's sleep in several days. Last night, I had gone to to bed about the usual time, and was up an hour later as I knew sleep was eluding me. Finally got back to bed near 12:30am and still took awhile for the first nap. It's just now 5:30am so you see how little I slept.

2 Work. Wednesday morning it appeared we had came to a conclusion on the current project, and we were informed that they were waiting on word from the client. They did mention that it could take most of the day to get an answer, so we were asked to check back in every couple hours. I did until mid-afternoon, then knew there was no more work that day. Yesterday morning I checked in, and the same thing was going on. Was told to check back in a couple hours. I did - nothing. Then we were told they would contact us via email when the client got answers to them. I waited the rest of the day with no results. Already this morning, no email. I figured I would get this typed up before I logged into the network and see if there is any new information. I may have another day off. I don't mind it every now and then, and the way things have been lately, it helps me get de-stressed about things. Update: Doesn't look like anything yet this morning, which means waiting half the day for them to email (if something happens). If I don't hear by noon, the rest of the day (and weekend) are mine.

3. Depending on work is how today is really going to go. Though, I am expecting three packages today. One is just a funny T-shirt that was on sell for a special price. The other two items I got in preparation for my ND trip. One is a couple of masks (for the flight) that are made for men that have longer beards. So it is a better fit (with wire support) across the nose area, and basically hangs down the front of the beard rather than pushing everything back under the chin. Regular masks "bend the beard" and in honesty, make me feel a bit claustrophobic. These should be more comfortable. Why I didn't look to buy them a year ago, I have no clue. The second package is a couple of the seatbelt extenders for the airlines. Two types just to be sure I am covered. Gives me a little more slack with the extra pounds put on since my last flight.

Welp, I guess that is about all I got for now. Guess I will start the 15 minute login process for work and see what is going to happen today. 

PeacE

No comments: