Wednesday, May 26

Maybe Praying Works ....

 Monday I was quite unbalanced. The job has been causing quite a bit of frustration for me. I was angry I had 'lost time' with work while dealing with the internet issues. Even in the back of my mind I was worried about any possible reaction to getting the first covid shot. I was just not "in a good mind set", so I did what I always do - I went drinking.

So while I am out having some beers, and reading some of my current book, I'm kind of going over things in my mind about work. Should I start looking for work somewhere else - same line of business? Something new? Something I have done before? And all those kind of questions. My buddy came up and we sat and talked about my work frustrations a bit. I decided (soberly, in fact) that I was going to give it a bit longer with this company. If I show I don't bail out on them during this "rough patch", it might end up being a good thing for me.

Well, about 9:15am Tuesday I get an email from a Project Mgr (way above my level), who emailed me directly (not a group) and asked if I was available for a special project they could use me for doing some QC work. Heck yeah! More pay! Special Project! Personally asked my availability! I let her know I would be online within the hour (I was still in bed, slightly hung-over). I get online, and sure enough, I got right into a special project, even using the program that we haven't been using the last few weeks (makes it so much easier). I ended up working 14 hours straight. they needed that project done "THAT DAY", and OT was open to all who wanted. I needed to make up for the shortness in hours from Monday anyways, and I did - at a higher pay level, too!

So now it is like 12:30am Wed, and I log off. I am mentally worn out, my eyes are tired, my body a bit sore from sitting so long (I do take breaks but not many). I go to bed - because everyone else in the house is - and I cannot sleep. I still haven't tried these melatonin pills I picked up, and I am leery doing it this late at night, in case it  keeps me groggy and hard to get up at a decent time in the morning for work. So here I am.

Vaccine shot #1 update: No issues, really. Moving that arm I can feel a little soreness in the area where the shot was given, but it is not bothersome. No discoloration, nausea, headaches... but I do wish it would add some tiredness, but it hasn't, that I have noticed anyways. Three weeks to shot #2, and from what the Wife went through, it was the worse of the two shots. Granted, hers was a different brand than the one I am getting (Pfizer) - I think she had Moderna.

My buddy J sent a text out to me and another friend, the three of us are going to ND together, about he booked our hotel rooms. For four nights he got one heck of a good deal, that averages out to less than $70 each a night between the three of us. Smoking good deal! So we are pretty much ready now, just waiting on the dates. I know I got my masks for bearded men (fits better on my longer beard) and the seatbelt extenders came for the flight (2 kinds - prepared for any airline).

So.... post title. RM texted me shortly after I got up this morning, saying she was awakened from sleep, as a loud voice had called out "Mom!" to her, and she recognized the voice as mine (allegedly). Being the Reverend Mother, she immediately started praying, not only for me, but the other sibs as well. Her hope being that hopefully every is fine, and there is no need for her to worry. Of course, I texted her back saying I don't know what happened - I was asleep (drinking seems to help me sleep...hmmmm). This is nowhere close to even being the first time something like this has happened with RM. If I recall correctly, I think maybe a time or two when she has had these 'premonitions' and prayed, there was something going on with my brother, or I, or both of us together, that her prayers may have saved us. I dunno. But maybe her praying in those early hours for me, even if it was to be sure that I was safe and nothing was wrong, made today's events fall into place. Or maybe that just some good fantasy there. I dunno. I know what RM would say....

Guess I am going to go surf the internet for a bit, before trying to get to sleep again.

PeacE

No comments: