Monday, May 10

Waiting For My Money

This morning finds me waiting an email from the HR of my company, giving me the payroll codes I need for the third project I worked last week. I understand the needs for proper billing codes, so that the correct client is billed the number and type of hours I worked, but that they take so long to get them out bothers me a little. Yesterday I woke to find 2/3 codes I needed, and am just waiting the final one... the one I worked the longest on last week. The one that makes me the most money - must be why it is taking so lone. Our ADP time thingies are supposed to be approved on Mondays before 12:00pm Central Time, so I guess I have a couple hours to wait and see if it shows up. Of course, I am going to start work here in about 30 mins....

Mother's Day went okay at my house. The Wife was not happy the first half of the day. Youngest would not get up and go to church with her. Middle Son overslept (he had just gotten off work like 6am) and missed going to church with her. By 1pm, none of the kids had wished her a Happy Mother's Day, or shown up, or anything. I putzed around the house, staying out of her way until about 3pm, then I gave her the gift from "the Boys" that I had gotten, just in case they forgot. That made her feel better. then I explained about going over to RM's so I could give her my gift. I suggested either dinner out, or pick something up on the way home. The Wife was happy to go. Shortly before we left, the Daughter did call and she talked with her and Doodad for a little bit. 

After we had left RM's, trying to find a place that wasn't crowded and had people out the door, was going to be hard. As we cruised down one major street, looking for a place, I remembered one place we liked to go: Black Bear Diner, and it was just up the road. No one was standing outside, so we stopped, and were seated with no wait. During dinner the Middle child texted the Wife at least, and apologized about missing church and wishing her a good day. I told her he was included in the gift, so sent back a reply. Later in the evening, after work, the oldest Son called and chatted with her for a bit. I think over all she had a good day, just a slow start to it. I know she still misses her mom greatly at times like this, as it has only been a couple years since her passing.

The oldest Son's bday is coming up next, and we pretty much got his present out of the way. then Fathers Day is next month, and I could care less. The Wife will usually pick me up some edible goody I enjoy, and that is the extent of that day. I'm happy. I do what I want that day (well, almost every day).

Guess I should prep for work - get my drink, have a smoke, and other bathroom things.

PeacE

No comments: