Thursday, May 6

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This ....

 It's barely 9am, and I am through with today.

Yesterday, wrapped up one project, was told to expect an email about the next one (supposedly that afternoon) so I sat around the house.... waiting. Around 2pm I decided I wasn't waiting anymore, as I had some errands that needed to be done, like to the bank (deposits!!!) and yeah... drinking beer. Finally around 6:30pm I get an email about work. Not to a group ... to me individually. Basically saying, you'll be on this project - with a chance you will be pulled aside to help do some finishing touches on {two} other projects (previously worked on). Ummmm ... okay? Then she wanted to know what time I would come "online".

I repsonded simply: I'll be online at 8am PDS. Also, I have not been trained on this later stage (they call it NL) therefore, have no idea how to do it. Her reply: Oh. I thought as an attorney, you would have done this before.

ARGH!!! I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY!!!! HOW MANY FLIPPING PEOPLE DO I HAVE TO TELL THIS TO?!

Instead, I politely say that if the company wants to put me into a stage of the project I have not done before, I have no issues with learning how to do the function needed of me. Worded a little differently, but not by much. I am all for learning how to do more, and be available for more work, depending on 'where they are at' in projects. Especially if it comes with more money.

Either way, she never responded, and this morning, when I logged in, I got her attention. I was assigned to a project. Then five minutes later was pulled and put on another. Now I am waiting for work...for the last hour basically....

Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: