Saturday, December 25

Christmas Round-Up

 It's almost 10:30 and I am just completely worn out from the days activities. The family met up finally around 2, and we had some lunchmeat sandwiches with chips and a veggie tray. Then it was on to some games the Wife had decided to do. I had to do a quick trip back to our house to get the stocking ball she had made (and forgotten) and also grab the summer sausages I bought for the boys (because I forgot them). After said games were played, the opening of gifts came. I was surprised by a few of the gifts I got (that I hadn't bought myself) and everyone seemed happy for those we gave. Having that time together and letting the siblings catch-up, tease, and love on one another was the best part.

We finished up and then headed to RM's for more gift opening and dinner. It was nice getting a couple new T-shirts with snarky phrases, and a Washington football shirt. RM always knows I like jerky and summer sausage, so I got a bit more of those, along with some Little Debbie oatmeal cookies that I love. Throw in a few other candies and snack mixes, and my stocking was complete. Dinner was cooked ham we could eat on the plate, or make sandwiches, potato chips, potato salad, mashed potatoes, and corn. I probably forgot something. Dessert for me was some blueberry cheesecake with a lemon flavored cake-like bottom, and a slice of a turtle pie I think it was called. Everything was good!

by a little after 9, I was getting tired so forced the Youngest and the Wife to pack up and left. RM sent home quite a bit of the leftovers, aside from what she split off to the two older Sons. I think by this time next week I am going to be tired of ham, and other lunchmeats, and potatoes. So now I am kinda kicking back with my new slippers on. I put up the gifts I have received, except for a couple that need to go back to the car. I got a lot of pickles and snacks this year, which is always a good buy for me. I enjoy them whilst working. 

Been a damn good day.

PeacE

No comments: