Saturday, December 25

Christmas Day 2021

 It is mid-morning here at the D00d's house. The Wife is finishing up Christmas stuff - in particular the saran wrapped stocking ball we started for all the kids a couple years back. It is so much easier than having to do individual stockings, and they all get pretty competitive when playing the game to unwrap it all. We have discovered we have "lost" a couple gifts, or stocking ball items, that were picked up earlier in the year, and we just cannot remember where they were put at the time. I am sure it is someplace out of the way of normal day activity, but we cannot figure out where.

The car should start being loaded up with gifts in the next hour, and probably around noon we will head to the Son's apartment with gifts and food to began our day of togetherness. Daughter's family should be up around 1 I believe. Then after that is done, we will head to RM's for the last of gifting and a ham supper with sides of potato salad, corn and mashed potatoes. At least that is what I heard from the boys. There will be dessert, but I am not sure what will be left as we are the last family to do dinner. I'm hoping for some blueberry cheesecake or the turtle pie...but will have to wait and see.

Yesterday was good as I met up with some friends for pre-holiday drinking. The family was invited to a NYE party next week, and we may be doing that.

I guess I should get my things done before we start loading things. No one likes Dad to use the restroom at their homes, so best I take care of that now.

PeacE

No comments: