Thursday, December 23

Holiday Spirit

 It's only the 23rd, and I am starting to feel the Holiday Spirit. Well, my version of it. I never have cared for Christmas and its marketing scheme brought on by businesses. I hate the crowds at stores when I am trying to buy something needed, not wanted and not to be given away. I hate the number of idiot drivers on the road, out to do their "shopping". Of course, here in AZ it is snowbird season, which doesn't help that last point at all. I'm grumpy and irritable more than usual. I'm Scrooge. Bah Humbug.

I got some wrapping done yesterday. I worked on it for like three hours and managed maybe 15 presents. Very ugly, wrapped presents. I re-learned/remembered why I don't do the wrapping. I can't cut straight lines. I tend to use 4x the amount of tape, as I put pieces on to cover the gaps because I can't cut straight. I don't care what the wrapping paper color is, a scrap is a scrap and if it fits, I'm using it. I also don't have the patience for it. Not today anyways. I guess the Wife is going to be up late tomorrow night.

Talked to the Daughter and discussed times for Christmas planning. I need to contact RM to push back dinner a bit. I know it is sometimes a hassle to try to accommodate in-laws and regular families. Especially when that other side of the family is a controlling geriatric, that you *have* to meet their demands. Sigh. Spineless sheep. 

Bah humbuG

No comments: