Sunday, December 12

Down From the North Pole

 Today is the VFW Post Children's Christmas party, and my third and last Santa Gig for the year. In theory, it is my first, as the other two were cancelled. Either way, I am up early today to prep for the party. I have already used my new beard iron and straightened out the funny kinks in the beard, and applied the first coat of white paint. While it is drying, I am getting all of the outfit together, before looking to apply a second coat, or touch-ups to the beard and facial hair. I'm sure there will be pictures later, as I know several will be taken. We are doing Santa pictures for the kids after all.

Friday I was re-assigned to a new project for work, but had mentioned I had a prior commitment and may not make it that day. The Oldest Son needed to get his car in for some stuff (engine light was on, and another previous issue about it 'stuttering' sometimes). He had asked for me to pick him up that morning so he would not have to sit in the the lobby for at least three hours while they worked on things. My new project meeting wasn't to start until 11am, so I said sure. We went out for breakfast, did some shopping, and had a nice time catching up since I don't see him often.

My project meeting time got changed to 2pm, and he got the call that his car was ready about 12-1230. I dropped him back off, returned home, and started getting ready for the meeting. Suddenly I get a call from the Oldest Son, he had returned to the car shop. About a half mile down the road, engine light came back on and the rpm readings were fluctuating like they shouldn't. He said he would just nap in one of the chairs since he knew I had a meeting coming up. I read through the project protocol (about 10 minutes) and said 'Screw it' and drove over to pick him up. I did tell work I had a prior commitment.... and I emailed the leads about it. Then we went over to one of my watering holes and had a beer while waiting on the new repairs needed. He was back at his car by 4pm'ish, and out more than I think he should have been, but hopefully it is said and done. And I got to spend more time with him. In fact, he has some vacation time in January he needs to burn that we have set some plans for.

Well, this hair paint dries stiff, and in trying to kind of comb it out so not so stiff, it leaves a chalky residue. I couldn't find any hair spray paint, which I which I think would have worked better. I didn't wand to have to mess with real dye, as the bleaching process, etc. The Wife is supposed to don her bought Mrs Claus outfit and go with me today, but as I laid out my suit last night, she didn't say anything, and I truly think she has not even opened the package it came in yet. Sigh. Have that argument in about half an hour.....

Saturday is our 3rd Annual Santa Run, and we have about 14 guys going this year (including oldest Son). Doing things a little different than last year, but overall should still be fun. Some of the wives and SO's are goin as Mrs Clause' (Wife included) and stopping at the same places we do, though staggered in time. I am not big on that idea. I think they should pick their own places to go, so as to not ruin the surprise on faces when 14 Santa's walk in.. and vice versa for them. But no one will listen to me.

Either way, feels like this coat is almost dry so I need to go see what mroe needs to be done.

PeacE

No comments: