Friday, December 31

Closing of the Year

 New Year's Eve is upon us, and like many people, we are going out to celebrate it (somewhat). We were invited to a friend's house for the evening to 'hang out', eat food, drink beer (or whatever) and set off some fireworks around the midnight hour. I've known this couple for a few years now, and have been to several get togethers with them, so it should be fun. The Wife is driving so I can partake without having to limit the intake. Oldest Son was thinking of going also, but I haven't heard from him as of yet. I suppose I should call and see if he is planning to go still. We offered him a ride as well, so he would not have to worry about it.

The Company has not contacted me for any new projects this week. I don't know if there just aren't any, or because the holidays and people in the office needing off. Not all offices are open again, just some of them. They did email that they are sending out an employee questionnaire regarding our opinion of the company and how it is working. I did one last year as well, and it resulted in being able to stay working remote from home, and the company worked at bettering the process of working remote. We will see what they question this year. I think they will allow remote working still - it is cheaper overall for them in my opinion.

As usual, I do not set any resolutions for the new year. I don't set goals. I have thoughts, but that is about it. Years ago, we would write down goals, aspirations, resolutions, and seal them in an envelope to open the next year and see where we ended up. But that was depressing, as many of us did not follow through on them. I know people think 'new year, fresh start' but I think anyone is able to start when they want, if they want. One goal I had set this past year was to read 150 books. In past years, I have always made the goal I set, and this year was no different. My final number was 213. I had lowered my goal from last year, as I expected to be working more this year, and I did work more. But somehow I was still able to get all that reading done.

I think this weekend I should go through my list of authors and see if any of them have added to a series they may have wrote, or have new books out I should look into. That'll keep me busy most of a day. I do try to keep a lookout for the authors when I quarterly check on new books coming out soon, and think I am able to catch most that way. Find out when I sit down and research them.

Welp, I guess that is about all I got to say here, at the end of 2021. Hope the few that read here enjoy your holiday.

PeacE

No comments: