Wednesday, December 22

F the Worm - Being Early Bird Sucks

 5:11am.

That's how late I made it sleeping in after not falling asleep until after at least 2am. These past couple nights have been pretty rough, but I have been able to make do with at least an hour nap around mid-day. Today probably won't be much different. Part of it may be the 'illness' I have been feeling. A few short days ago, I notice that with my usual morning blast of the horn (blowing my nose) There seemed to be a bit abnormal amount of green-yellow snot. A sure sign that I have at least in some small part, a bit of a sinus infection. No big deal as I tend to get small ones throughout the year due to my allergies. I made sure I took my allergy med daily, and after a couple days noticed the discharge was clear again. But now I was having "drainage" issues. Down the back of the throat, tickling enough to cough. Two days ago, my abdomen was sore from the coughing. Yesterday I felt a bit better, but still coughing. LAst night, I noticed it had dropped to my chest.

So now the sinus infection has dropped, and is trying to start up a case of bronchitis. Over the years, this has happened several times, and usually I catch it, as I started to day on a decongestant, added with some Vicks rubbed on the chest. Hopefully a day of this and it will clear up (like normal). I would hate it to ruin what little good I feel for the holiday season.

Speaking of that, I guess this morning will be spent wrapping gifts. I tried (really!) to start it yesterday, but as I started looking into the multitude of shopping bags the Wife has, I realized I had no clue who got what, was it actually for one of the kids, was it for some one else? I gave up. Last night I explained it to the Wife and she had already split the gifts amongst the kids, and labeled which bag was to whom, and all were from us. The Youngest had already picked out what he was getting his siblings and had those in his room to wrap himself. Definitely makes this easier, and I think I can knock it all out within a couple hours over the next couple days.

No word from the Company for a project. I am not surprised with this holiday week and all. Hopefully by the first part of next week something will come along.

A bit after 6am now, guess I should get the Vicks on now that I just took the pills for the morning.

PeacE

No comments: