Tuesday, December 21

Getting Things Done?

 Well, my work project ended yesterday as I had predicted. Since I was up early due to my sleeping issues, I was able to max out the time working at least. Now it is sit back and wait to see when the next project comes. I know the offices are closed Friday, and I think they were closing Thursday as well, so I might not hear anything until next week. Almost fine for me, with it being this close to Christmas, it frees me up to do some other things.

I told the Wife last night we are doing things differently this year. In past years, she would do the majority of the wrapping of presents, and since she is a procrastinator, it always went undone until the 24th. Then it would last until 2-3 in the morning, because she had to have each child that lived at home come in and wrap presents for their siblings. With only one child at home, I said he and I could at least wrap several each day, which would lighten the load and leave her only the things she doesn't want us to wrap (aka our own gifts). The Wife actually agreed, so in a couple hours I'll wake the teen and we can get a couple hours in today.

The Middle and Youngest went to RM's house yesterday early afternoon for some Christmas baking with Grandma. They must have had a good time, as they didn't return back here until 6:30. Daughter checked in about the time her family was to be here for unwrapping of gifts, and was informed (again) it was at their leisure, so they would not have to rush their own family time that morning. My guess is noon'ish before they make it up. Then we have the afternoon for Family, followed by early evening and dinner with RM and PT. Makes for a long day, and though we have been doing similar with small variation over the years, it is very tiring.

Hoping I will be feeling a bit better by then. Yesterday, I was having bouts of nausea, but not bad enough to be sick. Also, I am hoping it was bad allergies, but the nasal draining and coughing from it, have my stomach area muscles hurting today. So far the drainage isn't bad today, and haven't felt sick, but it is still early. 

Welp, I guess I should get on with the day, and see what I might do.

PeacE

No comments: