Saturday, December 18

Getting the Mrs Out

 Tonight is the 3rd Annual Santa Run, and with the headcount we worked on last night, we have 16 guys planning on going. We are planning on picking up the Oldest Son around 6:30pm and then it is off until the wee hours drinking and comrading around with a bunch of guys, dressed as Santa. Of course, with my body build and beard length, I make the Santa look more correct than the others - I may be biased.

The Wife is doing the girl thing, where they copied our idea and are going out as a group dressed as Mrs Claus. Thankfully they are not doing the same bar hops as we are, except for a couple stops, The Wife is one of the designated drivers for their group. I think there are only like 7 or so going...if that. She knows a couple of the guys in my group, and a couple ladies in hers, so she will be meeting many people tonight. Especially at the first stop, as it is my regular hangout.

Middle Son came and 'kidnapped' Youngest for a few hours. After he dropped him back off I was verifying times with him about Monday. Middle is taking Youngest to RM's for some Christmas baking stuff - RM's tradition she likes to keep. Then I made a side note I would see him the following Saturday, and he looks at me blankly. 'Christmas?' I say, and he groans. 'I still need to do all my shopping yet.' I laughed. Then I told him I need nothing, so don't waste time trying to get me anything. He will probably end up giving me a 2-liter of Mtn Dew or something... which is just fine.

Welp, a few hours left until I need to don the suit.

PeacE

No comments: