Friday, December 17

Title in Progress

 Friday has arrived, and I should be working, but I am taking a quick break. I Haven't felt like writing here most of the week, mainly because not much has been happening. Last Sunday, my Santa gig for the VFW went well. The lack of information (what time to be there, etc) was a bit frustrating. I showed up early, in costume, to find out that they didn't want Santa until the last 45 minutes of the allotted time. So I changed and sat in the bar area for three hours (drinking water) before dressing back up and doing the event. I thought the kids loved me. Had a couple parents come tell me that I was the best Santa they had seen in years. All said and done, it was a good day.

Work has been good this week. I have been plodding on this project, which looks to go into most of next week as well.

Tomorrow is the third annual Santa Run. Oldest Son and I will be going (we are originals of the event). I think I mentioned before, spouses, etc are doing a Mrs. Clause run as well. The Wife is going on that. I guess the girls are going to a few different bars, but at least two are on the guys trip as well. The previous two years, I had enjoyed and gotten excited as this time of year came. This year, I don't know. It feels more like going to work then having a good time out with friends doing something fun, unexpected, and that brings some happiness to others. At least I get a night hanging out with the Oldest Son.

I still need to get a couple more presents to finish up the Christmas shopping. Hoping to do it this weekend, and be done with it all. Geez, only one week to Christmas already? Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: