Friday, March 25

So Much To Look Forward To ...

 So I went to the docotr yesterday. A new one (to me). He seemed alright. We agreed my BP was high, and needed some medication to bring it down. So I will be going over to the drug store today after work to pick up that prescription. Of course, he wants to go getthe regular labwork done, since it has been years since my last, and they need a baseline. I set that appointment up this morning for Monday, as it was the earliest I could get.Then he asked that question I was not looking forward to: colonoscopy.

I am not scared of getting one. The Doc did send out a referral request to my insurance and I should know more about scheduling one in the next couple weeks (I was told). I just don't like the thought of someone putting a camera up my ass, when I don't feel there are any issues. My stools are fine, regular, and regular-looking, so why do I need this checked? Colon Cancer. You may not know you have it. I got that - but (butt?) still....

On the plus side of getting my colon checked, my HBP under control, checking on my A1C levels (I have been borderline for years for diabetes (Wilfred Brimley voice - "DIE-A-BEET-US!") and those cholesterol levels, I found out how much I weigh. Now I am a big boy (yes, really) and the estimated weight on hte forms I filled out was 25 pounds heavier than what the actual weight was. So I feel good about that.

When I logged into work today, I see we have enough on this project to probably work today, then be completed. Another Team Member asked yesterday after I wwas gone, about moving to a new project. The higher-up muckity-mucks say that the plan is to move us to a new project on Monday, so continued work is a possibility.

Got my new VFW plate in, and will be putting it on the car this afternoon. I think I will take the car and get it washed prior to our trip this weekend as well. I am sure there will be enough bug splatters/dust by the time we get there, but it will look good in the meantime. Maybe tahe the Youngest with me and have him help vacuum it out, though it isn't bad at all since I hardly drive it. More dusty on the outside from just sitting in the drive.

Welp, I should get back to working.

PeacE

No comments: