Sunday, March 20

Sometimes, It Just Gets Wasted

 Ugh. It is still early, pre-dawn in AZ at this 5:00 am hour. It won't be long before the sun will be up and over the mountain almost this early in the morning. Thanks Summertime. I have no clue what woke me around an hour ago, but I just could not get back to sleep, so here I am.

It is only Sunday morning, but this weekend feels like it has been "wasted". Yesterday morning, I was woken up by the sound of the Middle Son coming by the house. He and the Youngest were going to Tucson to visit their sister and stay overnight. Our first night in I can't remember being with no kids at home. We have traveled alone overnight before, but never alone at home. The Wife had to attend a Continuing Education course, and had to be gone for nearly half the day, across the Valley no less. After class, ahe came home bringing a late lunch for us from Taco Bell. Then the Wife proceeded to pretty much nap the next few hours away. when it was time for dinner, we decided to go to the Outback near our house -convenient, close-by, and well...they have steak. 

We walked out the door, and headed towards my vehicle, when I nnoticed I had a front tire that was flat. The night before I had noticed the low tire pressure light had come on, and I checked the tires, but seemed fine, though this one had looked a little low. I guess the leak was slow enough it didn't flatten out all the way until I was home. I had not driven at all Saturday, so never noticed until we were going to dinner. Something to get fixed, but I was hungry at that moment so we took the Wife's car.

Outback: needless to say, I don't recall it being as expensive as it was, and the service, though was decent, made us feel like they were trying to rush us through our meal. I don't think we will be returning their anytime soon. After dinner, I retired to the computer, the Wife to her phone. It was nearing the 9 o'clock hour, and I was just feeling mentally/physically tired and just wanted to get some sleep. I forced myself to stay awake until 11pm, then went to bed, read for 20 minutes finishing the newest Mark Greaney, and was out. Until 4 am.

Today - the boys are do back from their overnight out of town, at which time I will shanghai them into changing the tire out on my car. I'll get on the ol' Discount Tire website and see about an appointment for Monday afternoon to take it in. Hoping it is able to be plugged/fixed, versus a new tire, but need to have it fixed either way. The Wife and I are going to Tucson this coming Saturday to celebrate our 31st. Don't want any flats on the way there or back. I was going to do a can of fix a flat, but with the upcoming traveling, I don't think so.

I guess that's all I got for now....

PeacE

No comments: