Monday, March 7

Easing Into It

 Later in the afternoon yesterday, I got that email. The one I had been waiting to hear if I made it to the project this week. Thankfully, it did include a time the managers wanted to have the incoming people in a meeting, to briefly go over the details that vary on these jobs. It is nice to say that I got to sleep in as the meeting isn't until late in the morning. I did get up early though and logged into the system to make sure I had access to the programs and documents needed. That all checked out this morning, so logged back out until the meeting time.

There was another email from the Company earlier last week. From the HR department, stating they were creating a new way for the employees to show when they are AVAILABLE to work projects. Supposedly this new way of doing things will alert them better about who (and what skills) are able to work. It stated each time we email in our availability to include a new/current resume. I guess I will have to dig in the archives of my external drive to see if I can find my last one, then update it to show this company for the past year and a half. Such a pain.

Doodad's birthday is coming up this next month, so Saturday I decided I needed to start looking around for a gift for her. Which means flipping through Amazon to see what they got. After being on there awhile I did find her a toy I think she would like, and that isn't noisy or overly destructive. I should send a link so that the Daughter will know and give final approval (even though I ordered it Saturday, and it arrived yesterday). I'm just playing nice asking for the approval - either way Doodad will get it. Papaw's rights!

Early last week I had paid up the next two years on the Wife's car registration, and mine is due before the end of the month. I had been looking at specialty plates, and personalizing the plate for my car. After several days of thinking how to personalize, within the specs allowed, and the Wife came up with one that I liked. So did all that this weekend and expect the plate and tags probably later this week. Did a VFW Auxiliary plate, so each year, 17.50 of the $25 I pay for the plate goes to AZ VFW Aux. fund. Not to my direct post, but the state general fund.

Been eye-ballin' the littl' clocky-thingy in the bottom right corner, and need to get this closed off and logged into work.

PeacE

No comments: