If you cannot feel the sarcasm from that title, you don't know me. Today is "Hump Day", pr Wednesday as many know it. Which means I have a paracentesis scheduled. Today's is at 1pm. I pretty much already know what is going to happen: 10L of fluid will be drained, I'll get three bags of albumin IV'ed into me, and out the door I go until next week. Two weeks from tomorrow is the TIPS Procedure that will hopefully lessen these appointments, if not remove them completely.
Yesterday, the Older Sister sent some cryptic texts to family members. Her Son (my Nephew) is currently serving in the USAF, and is stationed over in New Mexico (I forget where). Allegedly he informed his Mom that something big is happening tonight [Tuesday] so everyone should top off their fuel tanks. I blew it off, as I don't feel he has enough rank/clearance to know something of this supposed level. This morning, I woke about 5:30am and remembered her text to me. I got up, and I have yet to see anything major on the networks. Iran did some surprise attacks last night on US Forces in the Middle East. US And Saudi Arabia attacked back. Russia supposedly hit a refinery or something in the Ukraine. Those are about the only ones I see that MAY Affect a need to top the tank. Maybe I am not looking at the future issues that may come from these events, but still...
The Family Drama going on with my family has settled somewhat. It is still there, and some things still need to be dealt with on a more immediate basis, but it is on hold for now. Still don't want to get into the details. As Patriarch of the family, I want to go in and bash heads together and force ultimatums, even though I know that is the worse way to do things. I have been trying to be the calm one, supporting and providing where needed. Sigh. It is so tiring for me, and being in this medical condition it just is not helping anything. But kudos to the Youngest, as he has stepped up and been helping quite a bit.
Had my quiet time this morning. This book I am reading ... it is weird for me. I can't remember the last time I read a book like this. I call it a self-help book, but it isn't really that. Nor is it a devotional of what I think one should be. IT got interesting, it lost my interest, it dragged me back, and losing interest again. It is like the author begins talking about something that I actually feel is important, then - SQUIRREL - and the rest of the chapter is over. I'm only about a third of the way into the book. I will stick it out, but I inwardly grimace when I pick it up each day to read some. Not your fault RM, we all interpret things differently and I have a purpose while reading it, just as your did, though they are different.
Positive Affirmations and Daily Reflections. Back when I was going through my IOP, each day we would journal for five minutes, listing 3 things we're thankful for, 3 things we will accomplish that day, and a positive affirmation. These were not shared with group, unless one wanted to do so. I usually sat there and twiddled my thumbs, because by this time of the morning, I had already blogged (my journal so to speak) and as I waited to Join the Zoom meeting, I would do the 3/3/PA they wanted. Looking up affirmations on the Google is crap. It seemed that site after site pretty much just copied each other, and none of them moved me. Pinterest wasn't much help either, but I did find more interesting ones. I think I shall start texting RM one a day from my journal. There aren't many, some are crass (like me), and some are funny.
Welp, I think I have shared (over-shared) enough today. Four hours until meeting, so I need to go find something to do.
PeacE
1 comment:
praying for you and the family... sometimes it is hard to restrain from butting heads together. I read the book, but didn't get something out of it everyday... but like you, I stuck with it cause there was some good things in there. Hubby has it now. Love you....
Post a Comment