Thursday, July 23

Party Time!

 It's Thursday and I don't have anything on my calendar (medically) that needs to be done. But I have that 1pm  luncheon listed! It will be a different kind of experience for me, meeting a group of people I have only seen/heard through the computer. Our support fellowship will carry through I am sure, and it will be just the same as us chatting online before/after meetings. I believe I am excited more than anxious, and for me that is good.

My friend Jeff called me the other day. About a week ago was his birthday, and I had sent him a text, that he responded "thanks" to. I didn't hear back for any plans, some I was guessing he was spending the evening with family. Well he called this week, and we talked. HE wanted an update to where I am at, which I gave. He said he just went to the bar on his birthday. I said you should have called me. I can go and have soda for a couple hours... But that was then. Either way, we are going to try to meet up for lunch next week.

I did a drug test yesterday. Vial of blood and a urine sample. I am praying it shows my nicotine at 0, so my case will be reviewed next Wednesday. Worse case is I have to wait until next month for the next drug screen, and repeat. Different sources say different things about the time-frame for nicotine to not be detected on a drug screening, and also the amount you smoked can affect the results. I was a light smoker, so hopefully it will clear out of my system faster. Will wait and see.

Had a paracentesis yesterday. Drained another 10L, but had to leave fluid. I estimate by weight it is probably about 2-3 liters. I feel better today. Yesterday I was so uncomfortable from the ascites build-up, I felt fatigued (I fell asleep during the para once they had the catheter in), nausea and of course hungry, because I had to fast for the lab work just before the para. Afterwards I swung by Walgreens for the Wife's prescriptions, then CVS for my special order one, then to Subway, where I had ordered through the app, then home. That sub was so good after not eating all day.

In my quiet time this morning I reached chapter 5 in this book. I was starting to lose interest in this book because it felt like it was going stagnant. But I guess that was just the "intro section (5 chapters of it?) as now it looks like it is moving along to 'Step One'.

And with that, I am outta here!

PeacE

No comments: