The past couple of days I have begun to feel uncomfortable. The build-up of the ascites feels like more than usual this week. I do go this afternoon for a Paracentesis, where I am quite positive they will drain 10L and leave fluid in the abdomen area. It's becoming the story of my Life, at least it feels that way at times. We could create a calendar system based off my paras.
I also have a blood draw/urine test today. Mayo gave me the orders yesterday for the drug screening, and I have only 48 hours to schedule and complete, otherwise they count it as a "positive" result. I don't want that!! So mine is scheduled at 11:30a right next to the Banner I go to for the paras, and I set the time to allow me to get from one building to the next (parking) and make my 1pm para. I am so bloated.... the Wife has started pregnancy jokes.
Tomorrow will be an interesting day. My AA Home group is doing an impromptu luncheon at Valle Luna. They usually do a luncheon once every quarter, but this one isn't the sanctioned one. What is nice, is that they invited me. They even said it was by invite only... Does that mean I am part of the 'Cool Club' now? I don't know, and if that turns out to be what it seems to be, I'll remove myself. I don't want to put myself separate from others - we are all in the same boot about sobriety. Not one of us is better/higher than another. I used to really dislike having to go to events where you "know" no one, and you have to go around and introduce yourself, etc. I found out over the past few months, it isn't so bad. And these people already know me through the Zoom meetings, it will just be an in-person meeting. The best part is it is more on my side of town, and fairly close to home.
I slept in an extra hour this morning, and I feel better for it. Yesterday I was feeling so bad, I actually took a 3-hour nap in the afternoon. Hoping with this extra sleep, the draining today, that things will get back to where they were where I was not so tired. It is still three weeks to the TIPS procedure for me. Sigh.
I have been reading of a morning in my quiet time the book 'Restore'. Today I read chapter three, and it was sort of about control. Trying to control people through your image, or works. How we "fire" God because we have control of things. I had to re-read a couple sections of it. In my mind, it kept flashing a neon sign sign saying "Not Needed" as I felt the chapter didn't really do anything but give examples, then say one needs to let God have control, not you. It was like 4-5 pages of repetition and nonsense to me. I hope the remaining parts of the book are not this way, because it started off pretty good. And this is strictly my opinion.
Welp, I need to figure out what 'flashy' shirt I am wearing today. Already got a pair of the shorts RM bought me. They are elastic waisted so work great for when I go to have paras. Got a hair cut a couple days ago. I'm starting to look pretty good, if I could get rid of this huge belly and keep it away.
And with that, I am out of here ....
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment