... about the amount of drugs (prescriptions) I have picked up (legally) this week, I am sure I would be border-line arrestable. Well, maybe that isn't totally true, but I feel like it. I have already been up to the pharmacy twice, and have yet another order ready for me to pick up. I am not complaining by any means. I 'need' these per Mayo, to get by until the transplant. I trust them, as I have no choice, really. I have no knowledge that would lead to a different route. I recall this past Wednesday, while with the nurses as they prepped my albumin drip, they had asked my plans. I said I was getting a burrito from Al Pollo Loco, then picking up some drugs - I got a hard look. 'You mean prescriptions, right?' they asked. I convinced her that yes, I meant prescriptions ... then when she turned away I rolled my eyes. This nurse wasn't one of the ones you could joke with, and I had not seen her before. Oh well, such is life.
I was left home yesterday evening, unsupervised, and you know that isn't always a good thing. But I tried to make it one. I found another online AA meeting and decided to attend. It doesn't hurt to get out there and try different groups. I wasn't too sure about this one. I did know two people there, as they are in my home group, but otherwise, knew no one. I wasn't really 'welcomed' in, though that doesn't matter to me. Just an observation. There was a good topic of discussion on Faith and Acceptance, and I heard some good shares, but overall, the group mentality to me just wasn't clicking. I may try this group again another time, and see if it, or I, have changed.
Yesterday evening I was teasing with RM. I had some notifications go off on my phone, and I went to check them. I accidently opened up the Circle 360 app that RM and I share a circle on. I noticed it said she was not at home... Curious, I looked on the map as to where she was. She had been sitting at this location for 22 minutes, in a neighborhood area that has many shops and restaurants. Thinking she had recently finished her workday, PT must have wanted to go out to eat. From the map in this app I could not tell what restaurant they were at, but texted her anyways: 'Oooo, what restaurant are you eating at?'. No reply came. I shrugged my shoulders and figured she may not have heard my text, or was busy and would get to it later, which she did about an hour later. Turns out it was Denny's, so I had pretty much guessed correctly.
Nothing really planned today. Meeting at the usual time. Yesterday I went to Mayo's Transplant support group. They had a couple in-hospital pharmacists there to answer medication questions (of their capability). It was interesting, and I learned the names and some side effects of the anti-rejection pills I could be taking for the rest of my life. They briefly explained how at each medication change, they review our labs, what we take currently, how the new dose/medicine could react with those. Overall it was interesting. I took some notes, but I am not sure they will do me much good - I'll get what they give me.
And with that, I think I will close this off today. Remember, having a shitty day does not make you a shitty person.
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment