Back when I was in the IOP, I was told that by another patient. We were in "group" and I forget what the actual topic was, but I had mentioned that I still occasionally went to the bar to visit friends. This other patient was about my age, had some experience in psycho-therapy (as a therapist/counselor). He believed that all I was doing was tempting fate, that I would fall back into the drinking habit just because I was around alcohol. I politely sat through his verbal opinion about me, then promptly ignored it. Alcohol does not define me. I wouldn't go if I could not handle myself and I refuse to let it define me.
Defining oneself ... there's a topic! In fact, it was the chapter I read today. I'll be thinking on this one for awhile. What does define me? Am I in the process of changing that with all the other changes I am making? If it does, or even if it doesn't, what does define me? A lot of time for self-reflection on this one I think, plus conversation with God.
I feel better! Did the Para yesterday afternoon. Drained 4.7L, and from the u/s looks like they got pretty much all the fluid that was there. I "felt" like I was more drained. Of course I am now going through the couple days of letting the organs re-adjust to where they should be and unflatten themselves. It hurts a bit at times, and I tend to walk hunched over in the middle, but it is only for a couple days. I need to check with Mayo about the Dr. orders on file at Banner. Seems they only go through until later this month. I know with the TIPS, the lessening of fluid won't be instantaneous, but I believe I need the orders to even set an appointment. I got the lab results from the screening I had just over a week ago. I don't know how to read these things because of the names for stuff. I mean there are like 3-4 different cholesterol ones...etc. I didn't see any that specified nicotine. I did see a test result that I was NEG for alcohol (duh).
Today I have an extra Zoom meeting. It is one Mayo provides for transplantees, regardless of the organ. Most of us in there are for a combination of Liver, or liver and kidneys. Today they will have a guest speaker to field questions pertaining to medications related to all this, as they are a pharmacist there at the hospital. I might learn some useful stuff.
VFW National Convention was last weekend in Reno. I have not heard yet if it passed to make the Riders a 'sister' to the VFW (like the Auxiliary is) or not. Neither official word, or rumor. My Post Commander did a FB post that showed a back patch that read VFW RIDERS GROUP, and I know one of the factors involved was being able to create one Unity patch, instead of separate ones for POST/AUX. If I haven't heard anything by this weekend, I'll have to get the minutes out either way.
Don't give up. If the hair around your butthole can thrive in a challenging environment, so can you.
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment