Yesterday I wrote about a small bit of Family Drama that is going on right now in my family. Let's just say, that after I posted things went even 'further South' and The Middle Son ended up at our house for the day and night. Later this morning, he'll ask the Youngest to drive him back so he is able to get his Jeep so that he will be able to make it to work tonight. Without getting into details, we are treating today more like a normal day, though he does not want to speak with his partner (at least right now) as he is still angry at them. Heck, I know I am, too! I found out why his partner texts everyone but myself and the Daughter - she doesn't like me. You know I don't have any worries about that, as I am definitely not a fan of this person, but it explains several incidences to me.
That being said, I am pushing it to a back burner and letting it sit and simmer. I spent a good part of the afternoon yesterday avoiding temptations. First I really wanted a drink. I had already attended my Home group meeting, and I was seriously debating just getting online into any meeting to take my mind off the wanting a drink. I did not attend another meeting, but I was able (with God's help) to push the thoughts away. Of course, while I am fighting this one, the cigarette desire kicked in as well, so I was getting double-whammied. It all got kicked away, and this morning, I am able to sit here and think of both without craving it.
Tomorrow is my only appointment I have this week, and it is a paracentesis at 1pm. That'll be about 2 hours long. They'll drain 10 liters, leave fluid in there, get me three bags of albumin, and send me on my way. I have a para scheduled for next Wednesday as well. Then it is the week of the TIPS procedure. So two weeks out... I want all the best results that this is supposed to provide, but I will take ANY good it could help with. Fewer paras. more time between them, less fluid build-up. I was notified through the portal that I had new test results in, so I went and looked. It only listed a NEGATIVE for the alcohol test. I thought this drug test was to include the nicotine and THC as well? I don't know, but there was only this one result on the report. I think I should message the Team and see when are they going to test for that, as it is the factor of getting on the list. It's been almost 3 weeks since I stopped smoking.
Sounds like RM is going to have a good day today. She is actually going into the office (across town) as one of the execs is retiring. She is bringing some food, plus plates, cups, etc. She'll help with set up and clean up. And she will socialize!! Free to talk to co-workers without PT hanging on her every conversation. I'm happy for her. I try each day to send her a 'Have a great day!' text, to help bolster her for the day, and I know it helps me when she wishes the same back. One of these days I need to search through her tags on her blog for issues that she may have more insight on that I am dealing with as well.
Quiet time is done this morning. The testing have been done (118/71, 71 bpm, 118 glucose) and the pills swallowed with the one liquid prescription I have to take. I guess I am somewhat free until closer to 11am which is my meeting time.
Have a great day!
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment