Wednesday, July 14

Not in the Mood to Work

 Today is just one of those days where I just wanna lay in bed and do absolutely nothing. I don't know if it is because the storm that came through in the early hours today, or what. I have been "at work" the past three hours, and am just not feeling the regular "let's get it done" that I usually do. I'm dragging. In fact, I am jumping back and forth in writing this and working.

Been pretty mellow since I got back from ND. The Wife took off and headed to Tucson for a get-away yesterday, leaving me and the Youngest at home. I finally was able to get my temporary card for the VFW Aux. printed, and there was a meeting last night, so I went. Besides, beer is cheaper at the canteen there then the regular bar. It was ... different than I expected. Though, I do feel in the next few months I will be getting more involved with this group. I like some of the things they are doing. Even though I have a Lifetime membership, I am not required to do anything, or even attend meetings. But I think I will.

Afterwards, I met up with my buddy and we talked a bit. While we were in ND, a micro-burst had hit his house. Tore the roof completely off the two-car carport he has, and threw it diagonally across his yard and into a neighbor diagonally behind his house. Also ripped two a/c units from the roof, though not off it. Collapsed a brick pillar at the carport, that somehow managed to not hit his car. He was hoping the rain we got wouldn't hit, as he still has one a/c not replaced, and there is a tarp covering the hole in the roof. I'll be seeing him and another bud tonight to watch the NBA game, and will find out.

Looks like Saturday I will be attending a Celebration of Life for a friend of a friend. This guy, Hollis, I had spoken with a few times on the phone, but we had not had the chance to meet in person, passed away about three weeks ago. his funeral was in Texas, but his wife wanted to do a CoL here as well. Last night, I had heard she had been in Vegas for three days, and while gone, the house was burgled. Ain't that shit on top of losing her husband?! Guess jewelry and electronics were taken, though I am not sure of how much. Some of the jewelry was sentimental valued versus just being expensive. I feel bad about that, but there isn't anything I can do.

Guess that's all I got to ramble about for now.

PeacE

No comments: