Sunday, July 18

It's Down Time

 The Celebration of Life I went to yesterday turned out to be okay. My Friend, J, was the one sort of setting up the event. He arranged the site (one of the puns we attend, which the deceased's wife thought would be perfect) plus creating the picture slide-show, etc. There were quite a bit more people that showed up than I would have thought - I know several were there just for support of my friend, like I was. I did meet a couple of people I had only heard of by name, so that was nice. About the time the NBA finals started, I was ready to head home, so I did.

I wanted pizza, but the Wife and Youngest had already had it for lunch. I guess Middle Son brought it over (I had left for the CoL). I was set on wanting pizza, so I picked one up at our usual place, and went to Taco Bell for what they wanted. Went home, ate, and went to bed at a decent hour. I never did check the time, but somewhere in those early hours (I'm thinking 12-1) I awoke not feeling well. Not the stomach, I ate something bad type... I felt like I was burning up, from the inside. Skin felt cool with clammy sweat. I was thirsty like guy in the desert for days with no water. I went to the bathroom and drank a couple small cups of water, and splashed my head, chest and arms with water to try to cool down (though the skin wasn't hot and feverish. This went on all morning. Drop off to sleep, to suddenly wake feeling like this, repeat.

Around 7:30 this morning I decided I had had enough and got up. Drank to 28 oz bottles of water, and was craving more still. I went and took a hot shower, thinking maybe it would "cool" me off, and it did for a little bit. RM texted me about bringing over some potato salad and deviled eggs she had made, and I told her I wasn't feeling well. Sent the Youngest to get the door since I didn't know if I was viral with anything. As the day wore on, I felt slowly better, though, I have drank more water than I feel I ever have in one day. I feel bloated, but still crave more drink. Sigh. And surprisingly, I haven't been running to pee after all this water. I don't know what is going on. Maybe tomorrow I will need to have that huge release....

Tomorrow it is back to work. Friday I noticed as I ended my day, that the work load we had was dwindling down fast on the project. When I started early last week, I knew it was only going to be a short one, so am not sure if there will be actual work for me tomorrow or not. May end up just waiting for the next project.

I think I am going to catch up on some media, then head to bed early tonight.

PeacE

No comments: