Thursday, July 22

Date Night: A Recipe for Disaster?

 Welcome to Thursday! Glad to have survived the tedium of the first three days this week, now you come up to the Big One to get through before the Friday!

I received an email yesterday, around noon, asking if I was "available" to start a new project when this one completed (which was to be this week). I of course replied yes. Then shortly after, we were informed our project was completing at the end of day Wednesday. I believe I was the last to log off last night, and there was at least an hour or more of work that needed to be completed yet. I am guessing they have asked a couple people to return this morning to finish (I wasn't one). Next project is starting today, with a meeting at 9am.The thing with starting at 9am, it makes it harder for me to get that 8-hour work day done. Sure I could work until 5, but I hate working those later hours. I would rather start at 7 and be off by 3, or work even earlier hours. Today especially. 

Not having the knowledge of when a project was ending/starting, the Wife and I had set up a 'Date Night' for tonight. It has been a 'little while' since we have had one, and with the Youngest attending band camp until 8pm each day, it gives us a perfect time to do it. The Wife was the one choosing, since she has the pickier taste (residual from the Covid she had - still has problems with certain foods/smells) and I mentioned I would down for some good barbecue. Our favorite place had closed down last year (Thanks Covid) and the places we knew about otherwise, we had tried before and were just not impressed with the taste or presentation, or prices of their selections. Some of them are quite overrated if you ask me. Anyways, Wife found a place not terribly far from us called Pork on a Fork. Sounds cute. The website showed decent prices/servings/food pics so we decided to check them out tonight. Only they close at 6pm. So if I work my 8-hour day, that would leave an hour to get there, order, eat, then leave. If I was alone, I could probably do that, but sitting down to dinner with the Wife, it is a longer process. So I will be ending my workday at 4 today, and maybe make up the hour tomorrow. If not, then oh well. They cannot force me to work longer hours if they start later in the day like they are.

But then last night, as I lay in bed, working on going to sleep at a decent hour, my phone alert goes off that I have email. With starting a new project, I quickly glanced at it to make sure times had not changed, etc. It was an email from the School Band director. I set it back down, figuring I would read it this morning, which I did. Seems Camp is cancelled today. There is a Parent meeting to go over some details this evening, but no time was given. So now my Dinner Date is going to be rushed because we have a meeting at 6, which tis the time the restaurant closes, which we will be just finishing up our meal probably.

Sigh. And we thought tonight would be good because no Game 7 of the NBA Finals (Wife is a Suns fan). Well, the Band email had several mistakes/omittances in it. Like, it was dated saying Thursday August 22nd (I presume they meant today) and there was no time given for this meeting.

Well, crap. I just re-read that Band email. I was wrong. There is a time, for August 28th. No Camp August 23rd, but resumes Friday August 24th. I am guessing he truly meant July for the month, as no date in August matches the date/day. And Camp is only through next week. Ok, so date night is not compromised. Life is feeling better already. The Youngest can fix leftovers, or have a Ramen whilst we dine on (hopefully) wonderfully barbecued pork. With slaw. Haven't decided if I want it on a sandwich or not. I'm hungry and it is only 7am....sigh.

PeacE

No comments: